Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2.66 usable cubic foot
I just looked it up, that's the large, I have the medium (2.1 advertised lol). While it won't hold as much, it does a great job heating out place/not overheating it in the shoulder season. I like to leave the AC window units in place until we get full on into the heating season, I probably could have taken them out for last night lol.

More Black Friday shopping. Those of you with ultrasonic cleaners, what size? With heater?

I was thinking a 0.8L would be big enough for carbs, but what else chainsaw related, do you use them for?
I have a 3L Vevor model with a heater. My kids are on a rowing team (Go Muskrats!) And I'm the guy keeping a rotation of 8 Honda 15Hp outboard motors going. 4-5 on the launches and the other 3-4 on the workstand. I just started this year and have found that I need to completely clean the carbs on all of them.

It does ok. I wouldn't go smaller because the basket won't hold the whole carb body and float bowl otherwise.

I think one of the greatest compliments in life is when someone grabs seconds on a dish you put time and effort into from the kitchen.

My father raised my two sisters and I by himself until he passed suddenly years back. I have such vivid memories watching Letterman, then Emeril on our summers off and he would “experiment” with dishes and recipes after. One of the best cooks I know but again, I am most likely biased.

All of your creations look wonderful.
Thank you, and I agree completely with what you said

I have a 3L Vevor model with a heater. My kids are on a rowing team (Go Muskrats!) And I'm the guy keeping a rotation of 8 Honda 15Hp outboard motors going. 4-5 on the launches and the other 3-4 on the workstand. I just started this year and have found that I need to completely clean the carbs on all of them.

It does ok. I wouldn't go smaller because the basket won't hold the whole carb body and float bowl otherwise.
That’s cool. I’m surprised with all the water we have around here than rowing/crew has never taken off. My friend did it down with a U of M for a while.

What the heck! Wood pitchers when there's gun talk. :laughing:
Well, here's my hunting related story from yesterday if it helps:

A truck pulled around the driveway in the morning, so I went out to greet the driver while he was approaching the house. He apparently hunts the 60 acres north of us. His stand showed up missing this morning and he asked if I knew anything about it. I told him no and that nobody has permission to hunt my property so I had no idea who it could be. I told him that I try to stay out of the woods during hunting season (but that it is my property and I can do what I want.) His son had seen a flashlight one morning about 10 days ago that disappeared when he started walking that direction. The neighbor's son had kicked a teenage boy out of their woods when he was wandering last month, so that seemed the most likely suspect that I could think of.

Later in the afternoon while I was hauling firewood (see what I did there?) another truck drove in and I went to meet him as well. It was the man who "owns" the property (meaning he's going to inherit it as I understand it.) He had the same line of questions and received the same answers. He did talk to a couple other neighbors, only one with adjoining property.

Turns out that a man who had asked if he could hunt here is now hunting that property with them, with permission of course. I had told him no and I suspect that they believe that I took the stand. I did tell both of them that if I found it on my side that I would take it and make them come get it, but he says he was 100 yards on their side. And I haven't been back there anyway.

Now if they figure out who interfered with their hunting, I may end up with a new wood supplier. The "landowner" also has a tree service and is occasionally looking for a place to dump wood (I asked :innocent:). So it could be a new best friend or a new worst enemy.

The end.

What the heck! Wood pitchers when there's gun talk. :laughing:
My little folding H&R 410. A custom Mosin that I made with welded scope mounts, bolt handle moved to the rear of the bolt. The barrel is 16" long with a built in muzzle brake by cross drilling the barrel and counter boring the last 3 inches. Lastly, just a few toys.

Attachments

• 20231126_080354.jpg
    20231126_080354.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231126_080507.jpg
    20231126_080507.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231126_080447.jpg
    20231126_080447.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Thats awesome Mark.
Hope you at least dumped some 2-stroke oil on that blade lol.
Looks like someone has a case of CAD :picture::lol: .
View attachment 1130538
Yes they both have it . More cameras in the truck too

My oldest son dragging the tree used the saws all . I used the husky 350 just like I do every year

IMG_5292.jpeg

My old buddy used to have a 5gal bucket for used oil he had hung on the wall behind the stove. He had a barrel stove in his shop and used a small copper line from the barrel to the bucket and a little pitcock type valve to control the flow. You could put one large round in the stove and start the oil dripping and it would burn all night. Feed it enough oil and air and it would sound like a rocket taking off.
I've acquired a real factory made drip feed oil stove. I'd rather not have a wood stove in the 10×10 space. The constant temperature swings are not good for engine building.

My old woodstove from ten years ago was setup as a wood burner with a drip feed to extend the burn times. Dirty messy and annoying. Changing the feed tube every few days is another drawback imho. Having the proper feed system is much better.

My brother shot a deer in the antler once.... and it actually killed it....no wasted meat👍
I've shot the antlers off once. Buckshot at twenty feet isn't very forgiving or has much spread. Cleaned all the grey and pink mist right out of there.
No meat wasted.

I don't think I have that many spares. But, much like every now and then I find a saw I don't remember where it came from, the other day I found so parts kits I forgot I had :happy:.
Ive been watching for a deal on a nice 22, something set up with a scope already, let someone else build it up and take a loss... I nearly bought another savage, this time in 22mag. I was too busy and couldn't break for the 3hrs it would have taken to get it, it was down to 200 with a scope, 2 10rd mags, and a 5rd mag(all the mags also would have worked in my .17HMR :rare2:. Oh well, I'll find one soon enough, the ole tube fed units will have to work for now is all.
I have a savage 22mag bolt action for years now. Nit as nice as a Marlin imo for fit and finish, but it's very accurate.
My old buddy used to have a 5gal bucket for used oil he had hung on the wall behind the stove. He had a barrel stove in his shop and used a small copper line from the barrel to the bucket and a little pitcock type valve to control the flow. You could put one large round in the stove and start the oil dripping and it would burn all night. Feed it enough oil and air and it would sound like a rocket taking off.
There is a friend of a friend that builds those heaters, we used to give him our old cylinder liners to make them. Worked pretty well, but he charged an arm and a leg for a "kit" to build one. Gotta ask my buddy Robby what the guys name was.

I have a 1/2 gallon L&R heated ultrasonic, I wish it was a bigger model. Bug enough for most carb work and other little things, but not being enough for a saw case half. If I ever buy another one I'll make sure it's at least a 2 gallon model and wider then deep.

I've shot the antlers off once. Buckshot at twenty feet isn't very forgiving or has much spread. Cleaned all the grey and pink mist right out of there.
No meat wasted.
My BIL is a "Great" shot. In IL it's shotgun slugs only (until this year). He only picks up a gun once a year; no target practice. He's managed to shoot the nose off a deer, one in the butt, blew the leg off another. He'll take shots at running deer, too, slinging lead everywhere. His son takes after him. Shot one in the back. When we cleaned it found the slug had traveled up along the spine.

Back