Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went there the other day looking for fine thread bolts, they only had coarse thread. A good selection of types: grade 2, grade 5, grade 8, carriage bolts, stainless, but all were coarse thread. :(
Specialty bolts I hit Fastenal . It’s a little out of my way but I get a great discount as we have a commercial account.

Decided to stihl hunt the standing corn next door this morning since it was so windy. No hurry wanted it it to be light out. Loading the shop stove I looked out the window and saw a buck? running across my field. Till I got out he was gone. Hunted the corn with no luck. Time to scrounge the wood at my neighbors. Saws and the 30/30 on the tractor. Drove in and thought I saw a buck. Left the tractor running for cover noise and snuck around. Saw a nose? and some antlers in the super thick brush 20 yards. So I scrounged him up.:happy:
20231128_115120.jpg

Decided to stihl hunt the standing corn next door this morning since it was so windy. No hurry wanted it it to be light out. Loading the shop stove I looked out the window and saw a buck? running across my field. Till I got out he was gone. Hunted the corn with no luck. Time to scrounge the wood at my neighbors. Saws and the 30/30 on the tractor. Drove in and thought I saw a buck. Left the tractor running for cover noise and snuck around. Saw a nose? and some antlers in the super thick brush 20 yards. So I scrounged him up.:happy:
View attachment 1131264
Nicely done!

View attachment 1131264
Stihl bucking stuff up I see. :dancing:

View attachment 1131264
That’s awesome Steve!!
My pals farm that I’m dragging my uncle Mustang to Saturday. You can drive around on the tractor all day and they don’t run, the second they see you out in the field….

See ya! They hit hyper drive and scoot

View attachment 1131264
Red greens brother in the flesh!

CAD was a great tool for designing machines at the company I retired from. It would show any moving parts that would interfere with other parts on the machine. That saved a lot of money and time before production.
Yeah I've used it for making weldments to make up the measured drawings beats having to design it from scratch in your head!
View attachment 1131264
Awesome job Steve!!!

View attachment 1131264
Nice scrounge. I'm waiting for one to come visit my woodpile area again while I am there. If its brown it's going down.

View attachment 1131322View attachment 1131323
Big bed of black cherry coals. I'll just stuff this big hunk of maple on top and I'll still have coals in the morning. Not super cold out, -7°C or about 19 for those of you who don't habla metric. The wind is blowing however
Love those woodstoves. It was 22 here in Mass this morning. My stove is roaring.

That’s awesome Steve!!
My pals farm that I’m dragging my uncle Mustang to Saturday. You can drive around on the tractor all day and they don’t run, the second they see you out in the field….

See ya! They hit hyper drive and scoot
It is the same way on my property and my farmer friend. I've driven up on my hill within 30 feet of deer off my road and they never move. One day I went up and came back down. They were still there on my way back.

Back