Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now for some other stuff, went out to Mitch's to pick up some previously cut candlebark rounds

20240110_114221.jpg

Then started on the big log nearest and took some rounds off other logs that were in the way. This pic was from last time in November, it's a bit hotter now 🥵

20231121_142353.jpg

20240110_114235.jpg

20240110_120045.jpg

The bigger stuff split well with the X27 once noodled in half

20240110_121839.jpg

Scrounge on :rock:

You win the scrounging wood and other stuff thread for the day :numberone: .
Well, we're onto a different day, hope you enjoyed it:laughing:.
That's a heck of a deal, I'd buy a new trailer and be filling it as a fast as I could if I were you. Those will be like owning the totes was, but by spring :envy:.

Yellow chain :crazy2:

I'd never do that, that's what cutoff wheels are made for ;)
Ah yes! The thin kerf cut off wheel on my high speed Dremel. Super fast and easier to manage. That's what works best in my shop anyhows!

Looks like my scrounging is done for the winter; we got between 20 and 24 inches of snow in the last 3 days and no frost in the ground. I'm glad I'm 3 years ahead.
I've been getting into the ash big time having cut and have in the stacks over 100 trees. The ash near me is in the second year of dieing so it's still good and solid yet.

You all and your stretched underwear! Lolol
On a more serious note, does anyone else occasionally forget a standard thing to check when diagnosing a saw???? I have done that several times. Been struggling with a hooskie 445 and it suddenly hit me that I never checked to make sure the coil was grounded well. I've seen corrosion get between it and the engine.
I wonder if it may be worth it to me in the long run to make a check list of every issue I've ever seen so when I get the occasional stubborn one I could go down the list and jar my memory on something I may have forgotten!
If anyone else has already created such a list , that would be an awesome thing to share!

Back