Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about a dozen pieces of cast iron. Mostly Lodge. Only a few pieces that might be old. I got a elderly neighbor's 'fish fryer' when he passed away. A No. 8 OZARK Dutch oven, Made in St. Louis.
View attachment 1146699View attachment 1146700

Then I have a Griswald No. 6 skillet I inherited from my Sister. She was a collector of trinkets and had it hanging on a wall. Now it resides in my camp box and get's used every trip.
View attachment 1146701

Is a skillet/pot measured by the bottom? So the above skillet is a 6 inch skillet? It measures 8 inches at the top.

Anyone know anything about either of these?
https://panman.com/sizecharts.html

I think I have seen it all now when it comes to weird things being sold on Marketplace. I have never heard or seen of such a thing as these. I'm glad that I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this because it would have been spit out by my laughing.
Lol "attachments"

With about a foot of snow on the ground and about two cord put up to heat my woodworking shop next year, I think my scrounging season has come to a close. Unless opportunity knocks... Got to watch a friend's young fella catch his new PB pickerel yesterday. He was over the moon. FB_IMG_1705957008669.jpg
Even managed to catch a few myself.20240108_164504.jpg

With about a foot of snow on the ground and about two cord put up to heat my woodworking shop next year, I think my scrounging season has come to a close. Unless opportunity knocks... Got to watch a friend's young fella catch his new PB pickerel yesterday. He was over the moon. View attachment 1146793
Even manged to catch a few myself.View attachment 1146794
Cool looking fish. We have Northern's, Great Lakes and Tiger Muskies but not pickerel.

Cool looking fish. We have Northern's, Great Lakes and Tiger Muskies but not pickerel.
They make for a fun day on the ice! When the bite is on, it's not uncommon to catch 25 in an afternoon. Fishing for muskies is my main pursuit in the open water though. Now I am just waiting for sufficient ice to get my four wheeler out of the coves and several kilometers onto the main lake where the big lake trout live.

Back