Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a McCulloch 610 in a package deal with 2 other saws for $25 the other day. I cleaned it up, installed new recoil mounting screws because they were missing, and determined that I need to rebuild or replace the Zama carb. If anyone has a functional carb for this saw they’d sell let me know. I’ll probably get a proper pull handle for it. I was going to sell it, but it’s growing on me, especially since I’ve been wanting a bigger chainsaw because all my chainsaws are kinda small, this thing is 60cc. The bar is pretty small and I’ll probably upgrade it to a new 20” bar if I get it running. It ran great with a drink down the carb. The chain brake is missing so I’ll need a used one. I don’t think that the recoil is original because all the other ones I see online are black with yellow clutch cover/recoil or yellow with black recoil/clutch cover.
IMG_6827.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    673.4 KB · Views: 0
I bought a McCulloch 610 in a package deal with 2 other saws for $25 the other day. I cleaned it up, installed new recoil mounting screws because they were missing, and determined that I need to rebuild or replace the Zama carb. If anyone has a functional carb for this saw they’d sell let me know. I’ll probably get a proper pull handle for it. I was going to sell it, but it’s growing on me, especially since I’ve been wanting a bigger chainsaw because all my chainsaws are kinda small, this thing is 60cc. The bar is pretty small and I’ll probably upgrade it to a new 20” bar if I get it running. It ran great with a drink down the carb. The chain brake is missing so I’ll need a used one. I don’t think that the recoil is original because all the other ones I see online are black with yellow clutch cover/recoil or yellow with black recoil/clutch cover.
View attachment 1155712
I’m gonna warn you right now

Throw it away, do not fix it and get it running

If you do, this thing will happen inside your brain, you won’t even be aware it happened.

Then one day, you’ll wake up and look in your garage/shed/workshop and they’ll be 20 something saws. Some running, some waiting for repair and some just piles of parts that you pull parts off (like junkyard cars)

So, unless you’re ready for that, do not fix it. Walk away now while you can…..

I’m gonna warn you right now

Throw it away, do not fix it and get it running

If you do, this thing will happen inside your brain, you won’t even be aware it happened.

Then one day, you’ll wake up and look in your garage/shed/workshop and they’ll be 20 something saws. Some running, some waiting for repair and some just piles of parts that you pull parts off (like junkyard cars)

So, unless you’re ready for that, do not fix it. Walk away now while you can…..
I don’t quite understand. I know that some people hate this model saw and others like them. I ALREADY have almost 20 saws.

I don’t quite understand. I know that some people hate this model saw and others like them. I ALREADY have almost 20 saws.
You've been bitten by the bug called CAD! Careful...next thing you know you'll be perusing Craigslist on vacation, watching Bucking Billy Ray on YouTube so you know how to get the gullet and generally thinking about chainsaws when you should be working!

Good luck!:innocent:

By the way, welcome to the scrounger's club! :cheers:

You've been bitten by the bug called CAD! Careful...next thing you know you'll be perusing Craigslist on vacation, watching Bucking Billy Ray on YouTube so you know how to get the gullet and generally thinking about chainsaws when you should be working!

Good luck!:innocent:

By the way, welcome to the scrounger's club! :cheers:
I know I have CAD. I have many other engines too like mowers and trimmers. Can you remind me what CAD stands for? I check Craigslist daily and do watch Buckin Billy Ray.

Nice, what’s your favorite flavor?

My I favor Husqvarna

My dad and Uncle, they like the German Stihls

I do own a Stihl or two and a Poulan or two, maybe a Homelite or two, a Dolmar-Makita, and a Efco

But 90% is Husqvarna

Nice, what’s your favorite flavor?

My I favor Husqvarna

My dad and Uncle, they like the German Stihls

I do own a Stihl or two and a Poulan or two, maybe a Homelite or two, a Dolmar-Makita, and a Efco

But 90% is Husqvarna
I mainly like Stihl and Shindaiwa for regular use and overall.

Back