Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure exactly what it was, I it was just "Scrounging Firewood" the rest was added later.
@MustangMike @farmer steve @svk or anyone else remember.

The thread was called Scrounging Firewood. Then there was an attempt to get the hunting and shooting posts moved. It started here:

Yes, this thread often runs off topic, much to the general approval of most members. I think, however, that enduring conversations about hunting and guns ought to be in their own thread. In fact, I started one just for that purpose. It's a sticky, too, so you should always be able to find it in the future.

Post your hunting pictures here! (click the link)

Now you have no reason worry about being off topic, 'cause hunting IS the topic. Try to remember that some folks don't like hunting, guns, and images of dead critters. Others just wish to stay on topic.

Everyone wanted to keep a diverse range of topics, so the name was changed:

No doubt about that. Let's just keep the dead critters off this thread, ok?

Done. In fact, I'm restoring as much as I can. Pissing off a few folks isn't as bad as doing it to everyone.

Enough, Enough, Enough!

If all the off-topic stuff was deleted from this thread, you would lose half the posters and 3/4 of the posts.

You moved my post that was a joke about bear scat, there were no pics of dead animals (or dead hikers), so WHY!!!

The vast majority of folks on this thread are good with the variety of topics (and actually like it that way), so:

1) Why don't you just re-name the thread (Scrounging Firewood and other stuff),

2) Or relocate those who object to a crying towel thread.

I want to see the results of what folk's harvest on this thread, and the vast majority of posters here would agree with that, so let's stop the political nonsense and move on. This is getting absurd.

Hey! Nobody's perfect. It's not like I come here looking for trouble. I was responding to a plethora of reports.
I've been busy fixing my mistakes, your stuff has been left alone. It's not always easy to handle these reports, but I try to listen to the membership.

Consider the name change done! That will settle a lot of future problems. If you guys don't like it, you can blame MMike.

(With respect to your bear-scat post, when I delete an offensive post, I generally delete all references to it. In your particular case, I had a report on that particular post. So I had reasons, just not perhaps good enough to survive a good reconsideration of the action taken.)

Can someone write him up a summary so he's not confused about all of the scrounging thread lingo that has evolved over the years? @Cowboy254 where are you??

I'm on my way but I'm 60 pages behind! Curse you all and your cast iron conversations!

I'm on my way but I'm 60 pages behind! Curse you all and your cast iron conversations!
1708944135775.png
Cast iron is best for cooking over campfires, best for cooking on wood stoves and best for cooking all the game that lots of scroungers get during various hunting seasons. Not sure what you do to cook shrimp on the barbie? :laughing: Now back to my regular morning routine.:drinkingcoffee:

The thread was called Scrounging Firewood. Then there was an attempt to get the hunting and shooting posts moved. It started here:

Everyone wanted to keep a diverse range of topics, so the name was changed:
Seeing as I was not involved with the thread name change I can gather from reading about 20 pages of this thread I can see why the name change was made, there actually are more off topic, firewood pics, than there are wood pics and it is likely better to leave the thread as is or there would be a ton of pics eligible for deletion if the thread was to be kept on topic, firewood scrounging only.

Scrounging , keeping it real 😆😆😆, oops blue berry pie,Lol

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2093.jpeg
    IMG_2093.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
I see you back there!
Looking Jim Carrey GIF by Golden Globes

Afternoon other stuffers.
How's everybody doing?

I've been reading up on what y'all've been doin' the last dozen or so days.....it's been very edifying. 👍

I've learnt; dual pipes on chainsaws is now protected by patent, fishers ain't wolverines, rusty CI pans require more oil, do not stick your fingers into the table saw, do not remove the tags from your new splitter, and @farmer steve needs a Remington 870 ....to name a few....just a lot of good solid information. 👍

Here's a knife my son made out of a used sawmill blade.
View attachment 1156718View attachment 1156719

And here's a close up of a well tuned chainsaw blade......no gullet issues. 😎View attachment 1156720

And for the wheelbarrow guys....a load of smalls.View attachment 1156721
I like that knife. It's like the butcher knife my Mom use to use.

Enough, Enough, Enough!

If all the off-topic stuff was deleted from this thread, you would lose half the posters and 3/4 of the posts.

You moved my post that was a joke about bear scat, there were no pics of dead animals (or dead hikers), so WHY!!!

The vast majority of folks on this thread are good with the variety of topics (and actually like it that way), so:

1) Why don't you just re-name the thread (Scrounging Firewood and other stuff),

2) Or relocate those who object to a crying towel thread.

I want to see the results of what folk's harvest on this thread, and the vast majority of posters here would agree with that, so let's stop the political nonsense and move on. This is getting absurd.
“A crying towel thread” priceless Mike lololol

I like that knife. It's like the butcher knife my Mom use to use.
It's patterned after the old hickory knives.
We use a bunch of those for all the livestock processing we do, they aren't the most refined or glamorous cutlery out there but they're very affordable & hold an edge like they mean it!

Check auction prices on it on EBay before you open it. You just may be really surprised.
thought about it but it got opened. we are taking our time with it
Speaking of. Damn coyote on my yard cam a few minutes ago.
View attachment 1156895
We had a ton of them last week. dog kept up all night barking and howling at them. Great for sleeping.

If you got land then you should have trees if you have trees you should have dead trees learn to cut those tress and you got wood or if you live in a rural area then alot of times there's wood along the road that fell and a truck and chain can get you alot also check with your local saw mills if your in hardwood country than plenty of mills have left overs you can have thats about the 3 ways I get my wood and besides doing some tree work which gets me wood

Latest posts

Back