Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What yr is it.
You should have a very good and cheaper selection of jdm engines available since you are near the ports.
Later tonight I can look up more info for you.
It is a 2000 model, 3.0 V6 1MZ. I have found a few at local wrecking yards for $600-$800. I appreciate anything you send my way!

Right. You don't know how many times I've already been asked who's moving in there, and I don't even have running water in the re yet, yet ;).
Barndominiums are actually a pain to build, not the best cost per sqft, and can be difficult to get insurance on in many areas.
back when I was a kid Andy Hess bought out a dilapidated farm. The bank barn was in much better shape then the house so he redid the barn into living space and a shop in the lower section. After he died it sat vacant for years, supposedly no insurance company would touch it as living space. Some mennonite family ended up buying it, I assume as a cash offer.

Kinda handy, take a trip and never have to leave the farm. :innocent:
For the younger guys that don't know that quote.

That song was quite popular among a certain age group back in the day. LOL

The phrase "wanderin' around behind the little animals" became code among some for being stoned... 🤪

The guy who was most fond of that phrase died at 38... too much wandering via drugs and alcohol got him.

Did you get to pierce any nipples with them there darts?🤣
No, but I did pierce a finger of a drunk college roommate. He refused to get out of the way until I threw a dart between his fingers. Fingers that he spread on either side of the bullseye... Stuck it right in the bone... it hurt for months. 🙄

Can’t believe some people . Go out to the store and there are two tree company trucks doing tree trimming near the power lines …. We have a steady 20 mph wind with 55+ wind gusts and these guys are in bucket trucks along the power lines
I had planned to do some tree clean up today at my parents' but there was no way with the heavy winds. Besides, I have to replace the tarp on my lumber storage as the wind ripped it to shreds...

It is a 2000 model, 3.0 V6 1MZ. I have found a few at local wrecking yards for $600-$800. I appreciate anything you send my way!
Don't do that, they probably all have high miles, the jdm engines have like 50k, and are cheaper. I'd swap the fresh parts from the original engine and do a new rear main, oil pan gasket, and the valve cover gaskets, then keep it. It's a lot of work to sell it off for a couple grand, but if you keep it it's real cheap transportation for quite a while.

Looking at the prices, those junkyard prices are a bit cheaper than the JDM engines now.
The last one I bought off these guys for my Honda odyssey was only 450, that was during the covid lockdown bullcrap.
Here's their price now, and they are similar at the virgina JDM warehouses.
https://jdmengineschicago.com/toyot...lander-lexus-rx300-imz-fe-3-0l-fwd-v6-engine/

Can’t believe some people . Go out to the store and there are two tree company trucks doing tree trimming near the power lines …. We have a steady 20 mph wind with 55+ wind gusts and these guys are in bucket trucks along the power lines
We had a 3 day snowstorm last month with those kind of winds , I watched a line crew do a small substation bypass/delete on high voltage 3 phase while it was at it's worse, pretty sure the power was off but it was rock and roll tyme when I was watching with 6' to 10' visibility .

We had a 3 day snowstorm last month with those kind of winds , I watched a line crew do a small substation bypass/delete on high voltage 3 phase while it was at it's worse, pretty sure the power was off but it was rock and roll tyme when I was watching with 6' to 10' visibility .
It’s been a sunny day today but the wind hasn’t let up . Suppose to subside tonight .

Thanks for the picture @bob kern , it appears that you have a metal strap holding your wood block(s) to the splitter foot?
Yes. That was a prototype of sorts. The idea was to be able to quickly take it on and off for shorter/ longer wood reducing travel time on short stuff.

Here you go: 🌾💐🌷🌹🥀🪻🪷🌺🌸🌼🌻
Good to see you stoppin' in to check on us.
Don't you worry, might knott be by every day but do stopin to take inventory lol
That Charlie fella, aces in my book 👍👍
Ben showin' a few of the guys how to get free btu's from out of the pallets in the dumpsters :)

Latest posts

Back