Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used Granpdas old drill to drill the big hole needed, I guess if I was smart I’d get drill bits that step down to fit my smaller drill

But sometimes I just enjoy remembering the man that gave me that drill a few months before he passed, I get to remember him every time I squeeze that trigger
He was quite a guy! Owned and operated a hardware store, and I got my first two chainsaws through him.

On my "first day of freedom" from tax season, I cut the grass, fixed the fence, and went for a short/slow bike ride. I'll post a picture of the Snapping Turtle tomorrow (was not huge, but they are all prehistoric looking). Also saw about 20 Painted Turtles on a log, but no picture of that.

Hope to get the Blizzak tires off the truck tomorrow before the rain comes, then need to get it inspected this month. So many things you put off during tax season!

Also need to take the plow off the ATV.

G'day fellers,

I finished off as much as I'm going to do with the big candlebark at Mitch's. I took the child slaves out today to help with cleanup. I took most of the uglies along with the remaining nice stuff. Cowlass bagged up a couple of bags of noodles for Cowgirl's garden so she stops pilfering mine (at least temporarily).

20240417_104918.jpg

20240417_104941.jpg

Final clean up. The one log left has a lot of dirt on and under the bark from getting dragged around, Mitch is going to lift it and the butt onto the pile and set fire to it now fire restriction season is over.

20240417_104951.jpg

Scrounge on :rock:

Started the day changing the oil in the 03 Tacoma . Got under it and everything was wet with motor oil . Oil pan rusted out so now that truck is sidelined. Have to remove either the motor or the front diff in order to change it out.
I had the same thing on an old dodge truck. I drained the oil and cleaned it good, sanded and roughed up the surface. I used an aviation fuel tank sealant called pr1422. It's pretty spendy stuff but it's still holding after 4 years. I worked in the aviation field so got some expired tubes free, maybe there is some other fuel proof sealant that may work.

Pretty much! LOL

My (former) cottonwood guy giving me access to wood cleared from another property he owns. 5 miles away and easy access hardwood logs? Uh yeah, count me in!
Come and play if you dare, Lol 😆 no pick up sticks here, 100cc + allowed 👍IMG_0134.jpeg

I had the same thing on an old dodge truck. I drained the oil and cleaned it good, sanded and roughed up the surface. I used an aviation fuel tank sealant called pr1422. It's pretty spendy stuff but it's still holding after 4 years. I worked in the aviation field so got some expired tubes free, maybe there is some other fuel proof sealant that may work.
It’s way to extensive than a little spot . And where it’s leaking I would have to drop the front diff to get at it . I did something similar on my dodge rear end. Worked for about a year then I replaced it

Come and play if you dare, Lol 😆 no pick up sticks here, 100cc + allowed 👍View attachment 1170387
Ha! I'm good thanks! I like those small logs that I can cut to 42" lengths - less handling, no splitting, nice stacking, and easy loading in the OWB. Those big rounds sure do make a lot of firewood though. 👍

If that's the case you should apply for sainthood cause you aren't from this planet!

I can never find my 10's 1/2, 9/16, 13, 14, and 15 mm's. Or whatever socket I need for lug nuts that day.
Do you need glasses? Socket holder racks work great at keeping your sockets together.😄

View attachment 1170386

Can I play too? Any guesses?
Is that yours? That would last me for years and easy cutting.

P.S. Saw your reply. My log yard access is kind of like that. Not nearly as neat. And it disappears (gets burnt) on a regular basis. Feast or famine.

Looks awesome Sean, I'm excited for you.
I've got the cash for my bay doors now, need to start checking the prices a bit closer and maybe get the lean-to doors ordered up. Still considering building the main door out of steel insulated panels and having it as a slider on the inside as I have enough room inside to do that. Never seen it done quite like I've been thinking, but that doesn't mean it won't work :).
Old barn doors were all sliders. All you need is a track on the bottom with roller wheels on the door. Up top you need a guard to hold the door from falling out.

Back