Sears 2.3 37 cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskyjo

Reaction score
Greetings folks. I just bought a early 80s model sears 16 inch 2.3 cu in 37cc craftsman chainsaw. Its never had fuel in it, It was still new in the box. I so far have replaced the harden fuel line and sprayed some lubercant thru the spark plug opening, I can only get it to run if I pour gas into the carb. What do I need to fix to get it running also the oiler runs all the time so how or what do I need to fix it also. I saw alot of tree tops and have had great results with the poulan 25 saws that the reason I bought this one. Thanks for your time ,,John G

Sounds like the carb needs rebuilt, If the fuel line was hardened up then the diaphram probably is shot too. The oilers on them saws work at idle too. Don't know if you can stop it or not. I know my case would always be full of oil after i put it up. I have freed carbs up before by spraying wd-40 in the carb to keep it running untill it got rid of the old varnish and oil. If it hasn't never been gassed it's probably not stuck with old oil and gas. I thought that hardened fuel lines came by leaving old gas in them. i didn't think you could harden one by never having gas in it. One of the pros will be here to help you more. sorry i can't tell ya more.

Back