Selling some parts off my stihl 046 trying to figure out the value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den69RS96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys I replaced some parts off my 046 and I want to sell the old stuff if its worth anything. I have a chain brake handle with a chunk missing in the top. It works fine but I put a new one on. Also the original bar cover I replaced with a new one so is my old one worth anything or should I junk it? Finally I'm replacing the gas tank. This one has a chunk missing in the back and the tank vent leaks. I pressure tested the tank with a hand pump and it held pressure until I removed the nozzle from the fuel line.

depends on where you sell it... you could probably trade some of those parts off to guys on the Swap meet for other stuff you need. That being said if you go ebay my best guess...

$10
$30
$8

Look at other ebay prices but don't expect to see ebay prices from members on here...

From what I have seen, the gas tank rear handle will bring good cash on Ebay. Probably anywhere from 75 - 100 bucks if it's in good condition

Interesting regarding the clutch cover. I was told mine was the wrong size for my 046 Magnum, and I replaced it with a new one that was slightly better at covering the chain on the bottom of the saw. It does not appear to be the same as yours; one of or covers is probably not stock. I wonder what saw mine was supposed to be on?

View attachment 280177View attachment 280178

It is 4 5/8 wide and 7 3/4 long. Serial number: 1135 648 0450 C >MO< 1124

$0 brake handle, $50 tank assembly, $10 clutch cover.

Do you still have the tank/handle assembly? If so let me know. Thanks Pawl PM me if so

Back