Seriously now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Does no one listen?

Why does it seem so many guys out there feel it "OK" to let non- crew members roam around the freaking jobsite!
Today again, the lady sitting on the stoop right under a crusty old oak, stuff is breaking and falling, the dog gets one in the dome cap this time. Dionk. How is that gonna read?
So now the tally reads:
4 Ho's
a handful of lucky groundies
and 1 dam black lab.

I don't know, these jobs aren't mine, this really don't happen to much on my jobs. It's one of my priorities to have the zones marked off and keep people out. To many close calls I can't beleive.
One guy was dreaming in the street and a car got past him , I saw the butt of what I was cutting headed right for the windshield. And some retards suddenly stop in the street zone and start ripping off the hanging exhaust while we were screaming TIMBER M and F'er. we couldn't do nothing but watch.
The last example is what known as a freak occurence but when guys leisurely chat with the HO around the the jobsite I just think its not good. Keep the innocent out for chrissake.

Doing a parking lot job years ago. I had cones around our area but this little old lady pulled right between them, being careful not to hit my cones but ran over my 009 climbing saw.

Must of been something she's done before. She pulled her check book out and didn't hesitate to write the check for a new one.

Last edited:
Does no one listen?

Why does it seem so many guys out there feel it "OK" to let non- crew members roam around the freaking jobsite!
Today again, the lady sitting on the stoop right under a crusty old oak, stuff is breaking and falling, the dog gets one in the dome cap this time. Dionk. How is that gonna read?
So now the tally reads:
4 Ho's
and 1 dam black lab.

I don't know, these jobs aren't mine, this really don't happen to much on my jobs. It's one of my priorities to have the zones marked off and keep people out. To many close calls I can't beleive.
One guy was dreaming in the street and a car got past him , I saw the butt of what I was cutting headed right for the windshield. And some retards suddenly stop in the street zone and start ripping off the hanging exhaust while we were screaming TIMBER M and F'er. we couldn't do nothing but watch.
The last example is what known as a freak occurence but when guys leisurely chat with the HO around the the jobsite I just think its not good. Keep the innocent out for chrissake.
Did the dog go to the hospital with a knot or is he pushing daises..

Last week we were working in Old City Philadelphia and I unhooked the chipper to empty the truck and some idiot parked in front of it , we had to pull it sideways with the mini and hook it back up , I thought it would be funny to fire up the chipper and finish chipping all the brush right on the hood of this Maxima but I chickened out... A younger me might have done it.

Last week we were working in Old City Philadelphia and I unhooked the chipper to empty the truck and some idiot parked in front of it , we had to pull it sideways with the mini and hook it back up , I thought it would be funny to fire up the chipper and finish chipping all the brush right on the hood of this Maxima but I chickened out... A younger me might have done it.

Ahh Philly jobs, in that section of the city you have to wait for yoga class to end before you can fire the chipper.
Was a trash job or working for the city parks?

Ahh Philly jobs, in that section of the city you have to wait for yoga class to end before you can fire the chipper.
Was a trash job or working for the city parks?
Nah right at Penns landing where the pedestrian walkway crosses ninety five, boo koo bucks down there ,2,000 doesn't even get a raised eyebrow.. lol

Does no one listen?

So now the tally reads:
4 Ho's
and 1 dam black lab.

when you said 4 ho's i thought you were working in a bad part of town. took me a bit to figure out home owner. lol. is the dog ok?

your right

had to help a buddy drop a 42" dbh pondo snag. he had no experience with rotten snags. i did the falling half of the job. biggest problem we had was the HO two boys would not listen. finally had enough and threatened said the kids with having to clean up and split all the wood with a 1 pound hatch:hmm3grin2orange: they sat out of harms way through the two hours it took to fall this SOB of a snag snag:sucks:

:chainsawguy:

.... I thought it would be funny to fire up the chipper and finish chipping all the brush right on the hood of this Maxima but I chickened out... A younger me might have done it.

I wish you were younger and had a camera :cheers:

Never hit a customer or dog but I have had some idiots come walking under me while I was working. Was removing one in real tight quarters at a condo and had the woman come out the back door and walk right under a large chunk I was lowering at the time. I was literally right over the covered patio so as soon as she stepped out she was right under me. I told her it was a hard hat area and she would have to clear out. Also had a woman walk right out under a 5k# trunk pick with a crane onetime.

The worst is when the kids are playing around in the yards. I don't know what people are thinking to let their kids roam around the jobsite when a tree is coming down. It's nerve wracking enough without having to guess were the kids are when you hear them prattling around. Had one where I had asked the HO to keep the kids inside but I could still hear them through the screened in porch I was working over and they were watching me through. Makes for a long day when you have to worry about kids under you before you make every cut.

Never hit a customer or dog but I have had some idiots come walking under me while I was working. Was removing one in real tight quarters at a condo and had the woman come out the back door and walk right under a large chunk I was lowering at the time. I was literally right over the covered patio so as soon as she stepped out she was right under me. I told her it was a hard hat area and she would have to clear out. Also had a woman walk right out under a 5k# trunk pick with a crane onetime.

The worst is when the kids are playing around in the yards. I don't know what people are thinking to let their kids roam around the jobsite when a tree is coming down. It's nerve wracking enough without having to guess were the kids are when you hear them prattling around. Had one where I had asked the HO to keep the kids inside but I could still hear them through the screened in porch I was working over and they were watching me through. Makes for a long day when you have to worry about kids under you before you make every cut.
You know this isn't a funny story but related to children in the yard, we had a child step on the saw and cut his foot real bad , he stepped on the saw while it was in the grass sitting up , he got 20 stitches in his insole real dirty cut I felt horrible what a learning lesson that was ....

Had my groundie go next door and tell them I would be trimming the tree in the back(cuz it was on the fence line) Got up in the tree and hand bombing branches down. Cut the little stub off and it's a evergreen so it has thick top canopy. The stub is doing the plinko thing and it hits the ground with a thud! Suddenly I hear a baby start crying. The lady next door has her baby in the backyard on the grass as she is bar b quing.

I did hit a customer once. He still phones me for trimming. It totally was the ground guys fault. ONCE THE SAW IS RUNNING, GET OUTTA THE WAY!!

Had my groundie go next door and tell them I would be trimming the tree in the back(cuz it was on the fence line) Got up in the tree and hand bombing branches down. Cut the little stub off and it's a evergreen so it has thick top canopy. The stub is doing the plinko thing and it hits the ground with a thud! Suddenly I hear a baby start crying. The lady next door has her baby in the backyard on the grass as she is bar b quing.

I did hit a customer once. He still phones me for trimming. It totally was the ground guys fault. ONCE THE SAW IS RUNNING, GET OUTTA THE WAY!!
So you hit a baby with a stub real nice, lol .
Kid must of been pretty tough I got hit with a dead hanger and cried like a little girl because my wittle head hurted me...

So you hit a baby with a stub real nice, lol .
Kid must of been pretty tough I got hit with a dead hanger and cried like a little girl because my wittle head hurted me...

Didn't hit the kid just scared it I guess. I got pretty vocal over the whole thing and I think the mother got exactly how I felt over the incident. The older gent that I do work for got hit, and started to bleed alittle too. He got over it and the groundie has been gone for awhile.

Didn't hit the kid just scared it I guess. I got pretty vocal over the whole thing and I think the mother got exactly how I felt over the incident. The older gent that I do work for got hit, and started to bleed alittle too. He got over it and the groundie has been gone for awhile.
Oh I thought the Thud was a hit .....

I chew skoal most of the time when Im working. One or two big wads to the head usually keeps them from getting under your work area anymore.

Now I know how a dive bombing bird feels.

Last edited:
Never hit anyone, but many times I've had mail-people walk right under me. There are cones everywhere, they see the brush and the guys with hard hats yet they walk right across the lawn without a care in the world. Maybe its me but when I was a kid the mailman always walked up and down each walkway not across ever-ones front yard. Ive had it happen to many times to count from all different parts of town and from different townships.

Through rain, sleet and snow

Never hit anyone, but many times I've had mail-people walk right under me. There are cones everywhere, they see the brush and the guys with hard hats yet they walk right across the lawn without a care in the world. Maybe its me but when I was a kid the mailman always walked up and down each walkway not across ever-ones front yard. Ive had it happen to many times to count from all different parts of town and from different townships.

When we got hit by a huge ice storm about a year and a half ago the only people out working while the timber was still crashing were emergency first responders, tree crews, power crews and the mail men (and women). We were clearing roads and cutting cars out of driveways so people could get out with huge limbs crashing all around us. As I was working on one driveway a mail lady walked right by me to deliver mail to the front door. She was wearing a USPS hard hat.

Maybe its me but when I was a kid the mailman always walked up and down each walkway not across ever-ones front yard.

Lawn-cutting is a major job requirement now. Failing to cut across a lawn is a firing offense, no kidding. The Lansing Post Office actually pays supervisors to drive around looking for carriers who walk on sidewalks to write them up. How about we lay off the supervisors and hire one more carrier so the carriers have time to walk on the sidewalks?
Still, I can't believe they'd be stupid enough to cut through a hard hat zone.

Latest posts

Back