Service Magic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you? Unless maybe you were looking for a dresser, used lawn mower, small equipment. Its a yard sale page with forums for queers and all sorts. Tons of shade being cast by any and all contractors who would run their name through the muck that is CL. Shysterdom to its most intense frenzy, everyday running rampant, never to stop only let to grow.

Cmon TMD..... Tell us what you really think!!!!:D

tree service finder.com

I have somehow found myself on treeservicefinder.com marketing list. In the last week, they have called me 6 times, sent me 2 post cards, 1 letter in the mail and 3 emails about advertising on there service. I finally told them that If i want to advertise with them I will call them so stop f**k** calling me all the time. They have hardly any advertisers on there site.

Cmon TMD..... Tell us what you really think!!!!:D

I think I picked up a half decent salt spreader from there for 800 bucks from a decent enough guy, quick drive. Did have to jump on that fast but there was no contract or anything. I mean its like buyer beware, I am a pretty educated buyer so problems are few. Not only that I can pick up the slack on a used item like that if something goes wrong with it, I can fix it!

I might just entertain myself this weekend by getting drunk and advertising on CL. I have worked for a few guys looking for PT help on there. Very sad. Won't do it again. AA written all over. I did it to see what was out there. Scary. I might look for help on there but I doubt much will come. In fact I could use some help now but would rather work until my head explodes rather than run an ad on CL.

I think the name Service Magic serves well to prove my derogative point on people who use " magic" to sell. I wonder if they are expecting use it on the job too.

In fact I could use some help now but would rather work until my head explodes rather than run an ad on CL.

If your looking for help, I am pretty close to you and I am always looking for some extra money. My work load is starting to slow down quite a bit now.

Many here would say I'm already over the top ...

I want to know if that will put you over the top, Aerial.

What am I saying? We'll be on the same thing only soon enough. :msp_thumbup:

Well a featured placement on a full page ad in front of all the other ads in their magazine for February seems like a good investment to start next Season out well. I know by the end of January things will be getting tight for work without a major storm to help.

I start booking major jobs for late November and December in about the middle of Summer. There's a risk in that because people can change their minds, but if all the jobs that I've told people to hold off on come through for me I can survive the Winter to start again next year.

I think I picked up a half decent salt spreader from there for 800 bucks from a decent enough guy, quick drive. Did have to jump on that fast but there was no contract or anything. I mean its like buyer beware, I am a pretty educated buyer so problems are few. Not only that I can pick up the slack on a used item like that if something goes wrong with it, I can fix it!

I might just entertain myself this weekend by getting drunk and advertising on CL. I have worked for a few guys looking for PT help on there. Very sad. Won't do it again. AA written all over. I did it to see what was out there. Scary. I might look for help on there but I doubt much will come. In fact I could use some help now but would rather work until my head explodes rather than run an ad on CL.

I love drunk post! I have picked up some super duper sales off there my self. Last year I bought 2 sets of new tires for my 06 for 100 bucks. Pair of BFG AT's and Good Year Wrangler mudders. Brand freakin new. Dude was a 4X4 nut with a big fine to pay! I picked up my F-350 dump, with 8.5 western pro with wings for $2500, have had 2 offers for 5g's on it, nope!
I think CL issues are based on your location, all those probs listed, we don't have here. Never had a add deleted. I am in "small town,Iowa" I am guessing that the big city's have way more action. Like I said, I post to counter the hacks, and then I slam them in my add, maybe not the right thing to do, but the GP needs to be warned.
I posted to get some help once, guys calling me "I can climb, I climbed towers and changed light bulbs"

That's good. I'd have done the same thing. Who designs the ad for you?

Oh, and who built your website? It has an easy feel to it with an "interesting drive through it" effect as you go through it all. Plus it has just enough "modern graffix hippness." I might give that builder some money if I can get the contact info.

Oh, and who built your website? It has an easy feel to it with an "interesting drive through it" effect as you go through it all. Plus it has just enough "modern graffix hippness." I might give that builder some money if I can get the contact info.

QCTOTALTECH, does the site. Front page is a little screwy right now, as I am getting ready to start a blog. Plus I am adding a photo gallery and a "review" page.
Check them out, you can find them via Google. Its my cousin who does it. He isn't a fly by night, he's legit, check out his site, has some major players as clients. He not the cheapest but not the most expensive. I get anti-bulling discount, he was quite the nerd when he was a kid, so he had no fun in school, me and my other cousin used to beat up the kids that would beat him up, so now, he is paying me back by doing my site for almost free!

QCTOTALTECH, does the site. Front page is a little screwy right now, as I am getting ready to start a blog. Plus I am adding a photo gallery and a "review" page.
Check them out, you can find them via Google. Its my cousin who does it. He isn't a fly by night, he's legit, check out his site, has some major players as clients. He not the cheapest but not the most expensive. I get anti-bulling discount, he was quite the nerd when he was a kid, so he had no fun in school, me and my other cousin used to beat up the kids that would beat him up, so now, he is paying me back by doing my site for almost free!

Haha, SourGs, I meant that for the Aerialist. Sorry for not being specific. I'll check him out though, and thanks for the tip. It's hard to dig through all of the computer service wannabe hack BS and then find the good guys at a descent price.

On another note, since I became listed in a lot more places this year than ever before, my business has become a prime target of the rolling tide of BS that swarms around small businesses. I bet you've never heard of SEO (search engine optimization) scams.

Well a featured placement on a full page ad in front of all the other ads in their magazine for February seems like a good investment to start next Season out well. I know by the end of January things will be getting tight for work without a major storm to help.

I start booking major jobs for late November and December in about the middle of Summer. There's a risk in that because people can change their minds, but if all the jobs that I've told people to hold off on come through for me I can survive the Winter to start again next year.

My Guru is your Guru ...

Originally Posted by the Aerialist:
Well a featured placement on a full page ad in front of all the other ads in the Angie's List magazine for February seems like a good investment to start next Season out well. I know by the end of January things will be getting tight for work without a major storm to help....

My web Guru is named Andrew, he is good, but you need to provide the content. I won't quote prices for him but it's the equivalent to a big removal because that's what I traded him. I'll PM you with his information.

As to the A-List ad: I'll write the copy and submit the graphics to them and they'll put it together. I'll make it graphically compatible with my website graphics. The main effort will be to drive them to my website rather than call me. I'll offer my standard a-List discount, but make them "qualify" by going to my website and filling out my contact page.

Fill out my contact page or call someone else ...

A, why fill out the contact page? Better ratings???

Well driving traffic to the website does increase it's rankings in the search engines but the real reason is that once a person fills out my contact page they are logged in as a "contact" and I can't lose their information or forget about them. It is far easier for me to manage prospects and customers if their trail leads back to my contact form.

The phone, while essential, is a terribly inefficient means of communication. Missed calls, messages, and general phone tag is so time wasting and frustrating that I make filling out the contact page a prerequisite to service. I've blown people off when they call me and i tell them that they need to go to the website and fill out the contact page and they don't do it. I just forget about them if they won't do that. The only exception I make to that is the elderly who don't have email or computers. I always give seniors a break. I offer a 10% senior discount and to qualify all they have to do is be older than me.

Haha, SourGs, I meant that for the Aerialist. Sorry for not being specific. I'll check him out though, and thanks for the tip. It's hard to dig through all of the computer service wannabe hack BS and then find the good guys at a descent price.

On another note, since I became listed in a lot more places this year than ever before, my business has become a prime target of the rolling tide of BS that swarms around small businesses. I bet you've never heard of SEO (search engine optimization) scams.

No worries, yeah they call or email me all the time. Trying to sell me some sorta B.S. The worst is the local high school sports calenders. Those people are ruthless. When I tell them no, they start bashing me for not wanting to support local schools! I just hang up!

Once you're published online you become a spam magnet ...

No worries, yeah they call or email me all the time. Trying to sell me some sorta B.S. The worst is the local high school sports calenders. Those people are ruthless. When I tell them no, they start bashing me for not wanting to support local schools! I just hang up!

The downside to a published email and phone number is the flood of spam and sales calls that inevitably follow. I have aggressive spam detectors, but I have to remember to check my junk mail folder to get customer inquiries that are tagged for junk.

Phone calls from telemarketeers come in all the time too, but I shut them down pretty quick. The aggressive ones that call back get told that I'm turning them in to the FCC if they call back after I've told tim to take me off their call list.

I offer a 10% senior discount and to qualify all they have to do is be older than me.

Haha, sounds like gold luck to folks that qualify. I give them a discount too, but it depends. I run into many people that qualify, but they have more money than most people to begin with.

But yeah, it's always interesting talking with people that are out there working hard at making a living with their personal dis-service to the public instead of with a service or two. What's interesting is they are do so well while they're shop is set up behind the law's protection. It's impossible to use law against them. The only way to put away with them is for people to simply wise up, spread the word about their scam, and essentially boycott them out of business.

The SEO scam for instance depends on people's ignorance of how the internet works. Internet is a new technology, and the majority of people still have to catch up with that. Right where everyone is in the dark about internet the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Scammers are setting up shop and making a great living.

Outrank.com » Local Internet Advertising

These guys at that site plunge the money out of people's pockets with their 100% legal system for reaping the money from the countryside. The weird thing is that their business numerous awards for developing so fast.

Back