Shindaiwa 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1940u

Reaction score
New to chainsaws and have not heard of a Shindaiwa chainsaw. I bought a 450 have needed some work. I have it running and was surprised how well it runs and saws. Anyone know what I should expect of it, Has 20 inch bar and it sawed a 38 inch cherry tree down today without missing a beat.

Thank you so much for manual, Information I needed. When I got the saw the chain brake was not working. The spring was packed with saw dust and acted like a solid piece of metal. The triangle part that activates brake was bent . I now can adjust it back to factory setting . The tune up data and starting information is good to have. Are these saws considered good? Thanks again

Thank you so much for manual, Information I needed. When I got the saw the chain brake was not working. The spring was packed with saw dust and acted like a solid piece of metal. The triangle part that activates brake was bent . I now can adjust it back to factory setting . The tune up data and starting information is good to have. Are these saws considered good? Thanks again
Some say a step up from Echo. I’ve yet to use one. I bought a parts lot from a retired dealer so have quite a bit for some models. Several project saws to build, eventually.

Same parent company as Echo and some of their products seem to overlap. Are you sure about the model number? Regardless, it's probably a well made saw. How much did it run you?
$30 Yes it says 450 . Saw had several issues. Good thing is I didn't have to spend any money to get it running. Chain was sharp which made cutting big tree easy.

Attachments

• PXL_20230929_075011752.jpg
    PXL_20230929_075011752.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
$30 for a saw that does the job asked of it is a good deal in my world. One of the larger tool rental businesses in my area rented Shindaiwas exclusively for a lot of years. Yeah they probably got some volume deal but they also don't want to rent tools that will break quickly.

Latest posts

Back