Shopping For 20" to 24" Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Have a Husky 365 special and a Makita 6401 and after Hurricane Rita used the Husky with a 24" bar cutting storm downed Oaks, Pines, and sweet Gum storm debris and never had a problem some as big as 36" but I must admit if thy got any bigger I broke out the 460 w/28" or the 066 w/32",,, The problem was we were running them all day and the 365 was much lighter and honestly had plenty of power with the 24 even with full comp, full Chisel,,,, :rockn: I do have some Pics somewhere,, if I find them I will post them but they are 65CC saws BTW

Yes, as you said, they are not true 60cc saws, and has about the weight of corresponding 70cc ones as well.....

id vote 441 also

id also go with the 441.It will him through 20 inch ;ogs all day.plus a pleasure to run
I vote for the ms 441 on this application, which will now continue this thread into the 441 vs 440 vs the 460 vs the dolmar vs the husky vs the blah blah blah. All of the choices are probably good but it really comes down to dealer support. You need to buy something from a dealer you are comfortable with that can service the equipment.
On a serious note the 361 is a great saw but for continuous use in 20-24" hardwood I would grab the bigger 441. Welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Back