Short Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How short do you sharpen you cutters? I mostly use the chain till the cutters begin to break. The unwashed will look at my chain & say that thing is wore out time to throw it away. I just keep sawing. Enclosing a picture of my present chain. I cut two loads of oak with it today & it cuts fine. This is my first video so it's not much to look at but it does show a chain with short teeth will cut. I operated the saw with my right hand holding the bucking teeth away from the logs allowing the saw to cut without out any help from me.

Using the old ones to cut roots out of the dirt is a great use for an otherwise useless chain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last chain I had on 28" 440 was about the same, maybe a little more gone. It seemed like it dulled a lot quicker and I got sick of a dull chain before tank went empty. So on a new one went and that is a backup dirt cutter

I run them until the teeth start to break off also. Why do they seem to cut better when the teeth are about 3/4 gone?
Or is it just me that thinks this?

Latest posts

Back