Should I bother with a how to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know it seems that every so often someone comes by here after picking a Poulan S25 up from some yard sale or out from the back of some barn and want's to know about getting it running again.

They always need fuel lines and there always asking how to do them. I changed the line out on my S25CVA today, it was stiff as could be after only a year because I used a cheap line.

I took pictures, step by step as I did it. Would it help if I did a photo walk through on it?

What do you guys think?

Do it.

I would guess more people started here on the "cheapy homeowner" saws than anything else.

PLUS

Fixing stuff is very rewarding.

Mark
I think it would be great.
I have a couple of those waiting for me to tear apart.One is wearing Craftsman colors though. Pictures would give me a good idea of what to expect.

Just think of all the rep you'd receive! You'll be an AS five-star general.

Seriously, though, I am personally very appreciative of the fact that you give the "off-brands" some attention. There are some really great old Poulans out there. You are personally responsible for me holding on to a Poulan 7700 that will be a future Giant project.

I also have 3 or 4 of those stupid little green froggy-lookin' saws.... so... lead on!

:hmm3grin2orange:

I see, your got the 7700 I can't find!

No don't care about the rep, just took a couple pictures while doing it, and I know this topic comes up quite often and thought it might help a few out.

I just asked first, as I didn't want to tire anyone out with my post's

It's now done so check it out.

I see, your got the 7700 I can't find!

No don't care about the rep, just took a couple pictures while doing it, and I know this topic comes up quite often and thought it might help a few out.

I just asked first, as I didn't want to tire anyone out with my post's

It's now done so check it out.

And you would really like this one! It's in nice shape, with poop-your-pants compression. The only thing it's missing is a trigger and a bar cover. I have another sporting craftsman colors that can make the required donations. Maybe I'll post a picture just to rub it in. :D

PS... That Craftsman will probably have a bunch of stuff I don't need.

Latest posts

Back