Should I trade my 028super for a husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatchet13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a metal tag 028super that runs well and is in decent shape. My buddy brougt me his 350 husky to check out (wasent runnin) . Had a scored piston cylinder was ok after a lil 400grt love. I have a 353 flat top slug in the way for it . My question comes up because I let him use my saw while I am workin on his now he wants to trade because he likes the feel of the stilh better. He's payin for the parts for the husky and throwin me a few doll hairs for puttin it In , but wants to trade even up after he pays me. I like the weight of the 350 vs 028 but I'm not shure . How do they compare in the long run??

I just put together a 350/353 hybrid. Value wise if your is in good shape, they are close. I like my 350 more for the modern feel and weight. The 028s is a great saw. Your call.

I'm working on a 350 right now, I think it's too low quality to waste time and money on. I've got so much into mine now, I'll never get it back.
The magnesium models are definitely worth putting time and money into.

I was intrested in it possibly because of the weight savings. Power wise they feel about the same power wise when running good. I'm well aware that the 028 will last forever it's still on it's original p/c and runs like a chapm. Built like a deuce n a half . I'll have to run the 350 after the new piston is in and see how she stacks up.

If you got performance and handling in mind you'll take the husky. For real, who cares if an 028 will sling chips after your dead and gone . I sure as hell don't. For most guys on here a high strung ported to the tits Chinese earthquake should last them a lifetime. LOL. I had an 028 I was fixing up when I first joined AS. Was just a wood boss but still 47cc I think. Was a hella turd compared to similar sized saws. There's no denying the reliability of an 028 though.

I was intrested in it possibly because of the weight savings. Power wise they feel about the same power wise when running good. I'm well aware that the 028 will last forever it's still on it's original p/c and runs like a chapm. Built like a deuce n a half . I'll have to run the 350 after the new piston is in and see how she stacks up.

That 350 is like a bic lighter!

There's WAY too many variations and de-tuned low performance junk in the HUSKY lineup! STIHL pro saws, used to be, very little variation and HIGH quality.
I'm learning to like the 300 series but the cylinders are a ROYAL pain. I'm stuck on both of mine till some more $$ comes in. Hopefully 2 customer saws will be here today.

If you got performance and handling in mind you'll take the husky. For real, who cares if an 028 will sling chips after your dead and gone . I sure as hell don't. For most guys on here a high strung ported to the tits Chinese earthquake should last them a lifetime. LOL. I had an 028 I was fixing up when I first joined AS. Was just a wood boss but still 47cc I think. Was a hella turd compared to similar sized saws. There's no denying the reliability of an 028 though.

Perfectly Said!

The 350s I've had ran very good. Never put one side by side to the 028... but i grab the 350 even time. I hate the oiler on the 028, built enough to know I don't like them, matter of fact, this one probably needs a carb kit been so long since I used it

I can't say as though the Stihls I've run have been overburdened with power....... So to say the Husky's are pretty lackluster leads me to believe there is something wrong with what you've tried. It took Mastermind's handy work to even make me consider looking at the MS261. Talk about a depressing let down, that saw stock felt like a light weight MS290. Perhaps a dud? I dunno, but I won't judge the entire brand based on one, I'll let them all do that for me.

Back