show me your 041...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041 AV Super Electronic

I just picked up an 041 AV Super Electronic off of craig's list for $200.- looks like it is in great shape. David

I've got a few 041s:

This one was my first, and is the nicest.
Original041AV.jpg

Here's a lineup of the 041s. Pay no attention to the super label on the middle one. I just needed an air filter cover, and found this one.
041Lineup.jpg

041Lineup2.jpg

And more recently, I resurrected a real 041 Super (with points ignition "upgrade"). No individual pics, but it's in this lineup of my four saw plan.
0x1Lineup.jpg

0x1Lineup2.jpg

And lastly, one of the 041s after a hard day's work with a big willow tree:
041Willow.jpg

-John

Whats a nice 041 worth? I have a friend that deliveres farm fuel and has all kind of contacts for old saws, he is always calling me asking if I want this or that, well today he called and asked if I was interested in a 031 and 041, he found an old guy that had em both and told him to make an offer on them. I realize ther is many models and not sure what it is yet.

Just thought I would bump this thread up again, lots of interest in these old 041`s and some picts prove that. I had never taken any of the panels off the one I have picts posted in this thread of. Today while taking picts of the badge for another thread I ventured to take off the air cleaner cover and look at the filter, hmmmm. can`t see much in here. Just the way it was never cleaned.

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

Pioneerguy600

Here is mine handed down from my father. He used it when we were young to cut delivered firewood. We moved to town 20 years ago and it was stored until my wife and I bought a woodburner last summer. I've cut probably 8 cords with it and it runs like a banshee.

There is more paint on that air filter cover than on my entire saw, Jerry. Still goes like a champ though! Due for a coat of paint as soon as I get back to work and find an email telling me what price the badges are!

There is more paint on that air filter cover than on my entire saw, Jerry. Still goes like a champ though! Due for a coat of paint as soon as I get back to work and find an email telling me what price the badges are!

The paint has little to do with how a Stihl saw runs, I have another POS 041 that runs like a tiger ,has little paint left anywhere ,muffler in tatters ,top frame been welded twice,front handle bent and has 160 + lbs comp. The air filter has little floccking left, mostly just a screen. That saw has cut firewood every year for its previous owner and has not had much maintainence , only fix what breaks, not even a carb kit yet. Must take a pict sometime, was given to me for free as a parts saw but will fire up in two pulls, its kept in a heated garage, and will cut wood all day. May fix it up or just keep it rough to prove how they take a licking and keep on tickin.
Pioneerguy600

041AV Hand-Me-Down

Here's my 041AV. A friend of mine gave it to me after it had been sitting in his father's garage in non-running condition for about 10 years. It was a gift from the grandfather of my friend to his Pop brand new in 1977. It looked pretty rough when I got it. My friend actually told me that it was an 028, and I was disappointed when i got the saw, but I was just getting into saw restoration at the time and did not realize I had a diamond in the rough. A good cleaning, carb rebuild, new bar and chain, handle material, rim sprocket system, fuel line and filter, air filter and plug and she fired right up and has run strong ever since. I've heard many comments about the vibration of these saws, but with the combination of the new thicker Stihl handle material and rim sprocket along with Woodland Pro 30RC .375 chain it is a pleasure to cut with. They have a unique sound- kind of like an old dirt bike- baaad a..!

I painted the sprocket cover and muffler cover on the right side of the saw with Stihl OEM spray paint. I used black automotive touch up paint in the nail polish type bottle to re-apply the Stihl black on the sprocket cover. The air filter cover, main saw case and starter assembly are original paint. I installed a new Stil badge on the sarter rope assy cover as well. I also painted the handle bar prior to installing the new Stihl handle wrap.

Years

I brought another 041 back to life yesterday, and I am becoming pretty handy in mastering them. It is common knowledge that this model, which obviously has been produced in great numbers, also knew several versions and modifications throughout its lifetime. I thought it would be usefull to have one thread and list all the different models and particular features,... hmmm.

I'll give it a start, with the ones I have restored lately. It's difficult for me to put a time line on them, but one member posted some info a while ago, which I'll repeat here :

the history of the 041 goes as such.

Model--------Series---------Approximate/Production
041 1110 1967-1975
041FB 1110 1976-1986
041AV 1110 1967-1986
041AVE 1110 1968-1973
041AVS 1110 1977-1983
041AVQFB 1110 1981-1985
041G 1112 1968-1974
Scorce:History OF Stihl Power Tools

041AVdsmall.jpg

early version with points ignition, and AV.

041AVcsmall-1.jpg

early version with first generation of (POS) electronic ignition.

041AVasmall-1.jpg

Later version with points.
041avelecsmall.jpg

later version with electronic ignition. notice the small muffler cover. Looks as if the clutch cover was meant for a chainbrake (maybe not original on this saw)

041farmbosssmall.jpg

early farmboss with points and no AV.

the 041 is a nice saw and a strong runner. Weak point is the carb mount with lots of seals, which another member so well described as "air leak city", LOLOL. Other than that, a great firewood saw imo.

Now, show me your 041...:popcorn:

Thanks for the info on years, I went here and it says 041 made one year

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/95870e172008295c88256ba20018167b?OpenDocument

I thought there were too many around to be made one year thanks.

I brought another 041 back to life yesterday, and I am becoming pretty handy in mastering them. It is common knowledge that this model, which obviously has been produced in great numbers, also knew several versions and modifications throughout its lifetime. I thought it would be usefull to have one thread and list all the different models and particular features,... hmmm.

I'll give it a start, with the ones I have restored lately. It's difficult for me to put a time line on them, but one member posted some info a while ago, which I'll repeat here :

the history of the 041 goes as such.

Model--------Series---------Approximate/Production
041 1110 1967-1975
041FB 1110 1976-1986
041AV 1110 1967-1986
041AVE 1110 1968-1973
041AVS 1110 1977-1983
041AVQFB 1110 1981-1985
041G 1112 1968-1974
Scorce:History OF Stihl Power Tools

041AVdsmall.jpg

early version with points ignition, and AV.

041AVcsmall-1.jpg

early version with first generation of (POS) electronic ignition.

041AVasmall-1.jpg

Later version with points.
041avelecsmall.jpg

later version with electronic ignition. notice the small muffler cover. Looks as if the clutch cover was meant for a chainbrake (maybe not original on this saw)

041farmbosssmall.jpg

early farmboss with points and no AV.

the 041 is a nice saw and a strong runner. Weak point is the carb mount with lots of seals, which another member so well described as "air leak city", LOLOL. Other than that, a great firewood saw imo.

Now, show me your 041...:popcorn:

Hello, ya got any extra parts for an 041 ?I need a cylinder an a piston ,mines not an av ,can't aford a lot thanks Duke

Latest posts

Back