Signing off for the woodburning year tonight fellas...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Burning the last two logs in the house tonight boys! And one of them is a half rotten wheel chock round I had in the garage for the last 5 years just so I wouldn't bring another stick in. Low of 37 F tonight and supposed to be in the high 50s at least for lows thereafter so I'm done. I even started the fire with one of the store bought fire sticks I bought last week because a 24 pack was clearanced down to 2 bucks and I couldn't resist the novelty of it! Still started slower than my shim sticks and torch but maybe the wife will use em. Anyhow its been a warm easy winter burning here in Ohio and I enjoyed the game. May still drag a few loads home after some mushroom hunting this weekend too. I never stop gathering, but the burning stops about now. Cheers to the last fire! Inside anyhow. It's campfire season!

Yup, I burned some scrap pieces and cardboard Friday. Today brushed the flue tubes and cleaned the two chambers.
I just need to remember to do nozzle plate or a small patch job on the nozzle opening, or both.
Bring on the campfire season!

Attachments

• IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 31
I am in east central Indiana and I went today and found none... I also quit burning a week ago.... Hate to say it but I am just addicted fully to cutting, splitting and burning wood lol.....

I figured I was done burning 'bout 3 weeks ago... but crap‼
Only 43° here today and lookin' at low-to-mid 30s the next couple nights.
I fired up the gas furnace this morning figuring this morning was an anomaly... but "they" are sayin' this is gonna' stick around for a few days.
Looks like I'm gonna' light-up tonight... but I ain't given the box its spring clean-out yet, so no big deal... it-is-what-it-is.

I figured I was done burning 'bout 3 weeks ago... but crap‼
Only 43° here today and lookin' at low-to-mid 30s the next couple nights.
I fired up the gas furnace this morning figuring this morning was an anomaly... but "they" are sayin' this is gonna' stick around for a few days.
Looks like I'm gonna' light-up tonight... but I ain't given the box its spring clean-out yet, so no big deal... it-is-what-it-is.

Same here. Woke up and it was 60 in the house. Not enough time to get the stove going before heading off to work so I turned the furnace up to 64.

Wife started the stove about 4 hours ago. Probably burn, lightly, for the next few days. Its cool and damp.

Lit one last night. Threw some in this morning. 70 in the house yet. Got into some of bundles I wrapped with my nifty firewood bundler.

Been wet and soggy hear the last week. But, looks like will have a dry day tomorrow, will get the rest of my driveway approach poured in the afternoon.

We've had the stove burning 24/7 but the days are warming up enough that we aren't going through much. Maybe a wheelbarrow every other day which is pretty normal. I stop bringing it in by the trailer full and start using the barrow.

Lit the stove up last night. We have had a week of cloudy, cool weather and my 1811 built stone house is just chilly. Plus the Mrs. told me that we need a fire... ;)

Back