Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have you haters appoligized to Simon for questioning his work? Since he proved that he can make one hell of a work saw.

I see there are a few skeptics out there, I hope I can help a bit, first off, I'm a newbie to the site, what a great place for info!
I have been using Walker saws for what seems ever, they run good, cut fast and take a beating, they do not go down easy.
Now however I have some of Simon's saws, holy crap, they pull like mad.
I really do feel he has good saw building knowledge, they are well above anything Walkers put out. Having said that, Walkerized saws are another great choice, I don't think, you will go wrong with either.
For all the people needing vid prof, I will take some video next week at work while falling for all to enjoy, you will see the Walkerized and the Simonized side by side!!
How are the vids coming buddy? Are you in camp?

Maybe a little. Just heard you talk so much about your saws, and never seen nothing. We all just wanted to see more that's all.
I understand. Hope you are a believer now. I guess Rick should be there to visit soon. Hope the weather improves a bit, pretty wet in Campbell River.

I'm not looking for a race saw. I'm looking for a saw that has a balance of durability and performance that will increase production.
If it was a perfect world and you could actually measure those two qualities I'd take 45% durability and 55% performance. Performance across the power band, not just on the top end. This saw will do the majority of the bucking up of oak ranging from 20" to however big we run into. It will also be used for the majority of falling, not the PNW kind, but the short bar kind, we seldom even use a 28" bar, it wears a 25" 95% of the time. I've got a neighbor wanting us to drop 25 -30 walnut trees, nothing more just dropping them and he plans on cutting them to length, we'll try to do it in one day, that is about the biggest day of falling we'll ever have due to us cutting tops and cull logs most of the time.

What will be interesting for me is whether or not the claim of a modded saw boosting production in a noticeable way is accurate or not.
One thing I am not concerned about is fuel consumption, if it really gets it and performs, I could care less how much fuel it burns.

Fuel consumtion can pay a major part. Felling with a guy running a stock 441 sure can make you think.

I understand. Hope you are a believer now. I guess Rick should be there to visit soon. Hope the weather improves a bit, pretty wet in Campbell River.

Ya, I'd still like to run one of your saws though, but I believe the guys when they say your saw was nice.

Yes Rick should be here soon.

Ya, I'd still like to run one of your saws though, but I believe the guys when they say your saw was nice.

Yes Rick should be here soon.

I did run the buildoff saw of Simons at the GTG. It was a real runner for sure. The treemonkey saw had a 20" bar and the Sominized saw had a 24". Those two and Treeslingers saw were in a class to themselves IMO.

Where's the videos?? All this talk and i haven't seen one.

GA Boy, the saw got hung up in the Canadian postal strike, Simon shipped it UPS last Friday, it should be here this week. Don't worry the vids will be posted.

I think it is safe to say that Simon excels at saw building after his saw's performance the work saw build off. Everyone that ran it reported it was a screamer. Placing in the top five in that crowd is an accomplishment. It looks like he is going to do a saw for the 460 build off as well, I'd call that stepping up in my book, anyone who put's their saw up against some of the top saw builders around deserves some degree of respect.

The heat index is going to top 100 here again today and is supposed to heat up even more thru Sat, but you can bet the saw will be videoed as soon as possible upon receipt.

Last edited:
GA Boy, the saw got hung up in the Canadian postal strike, Simon shipped it UPS last Friday, it should be here this week. Don't worry the vids will be posted.

I think it is safe to say that Simon excels at saw building after his saw's performance the work saw build off. Everyone that ran it reported it was a screamer. Placing in the top five in that crowd is an accomplishment. It looks like he is going to do a saw for the 460 build off as well, I'd call that stepping up in my book, anyone who doesn't care to put their saw up against some of the top saw builders around deserves some degree of respect.

The heat index is going to top 100 here again today and is supposed to heat up even more thru Sat, but you can bet the saw will be videoed as soon as possible upon receipt.

I'm guessing that you didn't write that quite the way you intended.

Simon, it's good to see your saws getting good reviews. Maybe one of these days Rick & I will get to do some side-by-side cutting--Simoned 372 & TL Special 2171.

Glad to see things going well for you, Simon! I figured anyone that talked themselves up this much either knew something or was totally FOS! Glad it's not the latter, and glad to hear your work is getting out in hands of members to prove it self!
I wish you well.

Glad to see things going well for you, Simon! I figured anyone that talked themselves up this much either knew something or was totally FOS! Glad it's not the latter, and glad to hear your work is getting out in hands of members to prove it self!
I wish you well.

Yer correct on both accounts:msp_w00t: Sorry Simon, had to razz ya a bit.

no ,the dam porta john is still out there. i think they have forgot about it. there getting a storage bill when they pick it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back