skid loader / crane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have driven all of them from time to time in different sizes. All would have torn the pieces out of that lawn. What is it that make this one so special.
Jared

ASV offers a different style of track to drive over grass, it is green with no tread to speak of. since there is no thread there is nothing to bite in to lawn with. a local rental company has the RC30 model with the green tracks and uses it to deliever tables and chairs for parties. some of the parties take place on golf courses and they still have no problems with lawn damage.

Go with the tracked skid steer. If you aren't doing tree work you can sub yourself out with the machine to a contractor & still make $$$$$.

if you do residentials and like repairing lawns,get the skid steer.doesn't matter with tracks or wheels.they tear yards up.tractors don't.

You are way wrong. A tracked skid has way less PSI & will not leave tears (if you know how to run them properly). A tractor will leave MUCH less of a print then a wheeled skid steer.

You could also check out a A300 Bobcat. I have never used one but they can be used as a skid steer or have the wheels unlocked and used like a 4 wheel steering tractor. They lift 3000lbs.

Scott

1990 International 4900
1990 International 4900 Altec Crane Truck With Dump Bed Item number: 330155175865

this was the item # on ebay

i admit skid steers are faster but i still think i have allot more options with a 4wd tractor.plus those cages get hot in the summer.[/QUOTE]

those cages have a/c and heat I already have a 4wd tractor hard to replace a unit that already works. but the big bad turf friendly skid steer is cool.

I got a wheel loader which is articulated so doesnt tear up the yard and love it. Mine is a tcm804 is only 27 horse power but really works well for me and is easy to transport............

Latest posts

Back