Small saw you decide.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What ever saw wins I'll buy.

• Stihl MS211

Votes: 65 35.1%
  • Dolmar 401

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Dolmar 420

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • Efco 39cc saw from Bailey's

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Echo CS 310

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 46 24.9%

• Total voters
Wooddog, you're a real piece of work. First of all, you didn't have the guts to even introduce yourself at Bills GTG. Talk about a coward! Stand back in the shadows and then run home where you can post your inflamatory remarks from behind the shadows of your keyboard. What a wus. Talk about Kotexs, ehh?

Are your foolish enough to think that one man's going to win every class every time. Only a fool would believe that. You seem to forget the saws of mine that did make a good showing. All it takes is less than perfect cutting to make a bad time with a saw. But see, your kind doesn't care about the truth. All you're in this for is a fight, and a cowardly one at that. What do you have to offer here? Where are all your fast saws? Where are all you helpful posts and threads? So you tear others down to make yourself feel better? That's known as a bully and a coward. And that description fits you to a T!

Was the 211 running .043 or .050 gauge chain???

If it's .043 PMN then yeah.... going to the .050 should help a bit.

If it's the .050 Stihl PM/PMC than it's about as good as 3/8's LP chain gets. If it’s the PMC3 (most likely) then you won’t see much improvement switching chains maybe a 1/10th…….. I’ve done the testing, I run Stihl 63PM on my Redmax. ;)

(in my best Chinese voice)
Seeeee, I toh youuuu. :laugh:

Might as well face it the Redmax (Ryobi) is just the faster/stronger, better built saw..... and a better value to boot with a longer warranty. :D
(The Stihlhead in me says, I did not just say that and will deny it if asked :laugh:)

:cheers:

Yes the 211 is running .050 PMC3 it's definitely not an aggressive chain.

I plan on picking up a Ryobi/Redmax, and a 401 at some point, I just wanted to see how these new little Stihl's run. I think they are a bit overpriced, but they're still really nice homeowner saws.

Last edited:
Congrats on the 211! Give her about 15 tanks to get rolling and she will open up. I'd put my 211 up against that roybi any time for durability, reguardless of how they are built.:cheers:

The .050 PMC Stihl chain is fine, keep it sharp and it eats well. I haven't tried other brands due to having many loops of the PMC on hand. Like Erick said, I doubt you will see much of a difference.

What ever you say fatguy. I'm not a member of the Kotex posse or what ever you kids are calling it now days, so therefore I must be wrong. :dizzy:

You know what jerk^ff you are either ignorant or stupid i personally am leaning toward stupid. You come onto this site and insult at least two people (mopar, fatguy) that have forgotten more about saws than you can hope to learn. It would be in your best interest not to get into a pis#ing contest with either of those two men. I personally know both of them and between fatguy's amazing skills in the machine shop and mopar's intelligence you are under equipped...trust me. It is also ill advised to start trying to bandy words with mopar because you are sorely under gunned, If you are having trouble keeping up imagine trying to kill a cape buffalo with a sling shot. I know that by now your wheels are spinning in that vacuum that is your reason center within your withered gray matter. Before you post anything know this, I DO NOT CARE what you have to say witty or not you will not run down these guys on my watch.

Man...I have been holding out for the 261 for replacing my 180. But, it won't be out before 2011 :censored:. You might have put me over the edge; I may go get me one too...

What's the latest rumor on the release of the Stihl 261?

A couple weeks ago when I was at Mdsns, there was a guy going out to lunch with the owner that said it was now in production.

Is he full of noise?

Well I picked up the 211. Nik came over and we ran the 211 against the Ryobi. The Ryobi feels a little faster, but not by much. We took some video, and I have a few pics as well. You could say we had a mini gtg with mini saws. It's going to late tonight before I can get the pics and video up, so hang in there. I'll also write up a review of the 211. So far I like it.
I like mine its going on 3 months old and hasnt blown up yet.It runs everyday cutting brush and small trees. It picks up a bit of power after a couple days running.

Back