smoke pipe extension on owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boilerman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have a shaver 290 and lately it seems as though the thing is hard to bring up to temp, not that it was ever easy. I heat 4000 sq feet with it,a garage and a house. iI put a 15 foot extension on the smoke pipe to bring the smoke above mine and the neighbors house. It appears that i have to keep opening the fan draft control at the back of the furnace to get enough heat and now that isnt making much of a difference . Has anybody had problems with smoke pipe or chimney extensions? Oh the pipe is a piece of thin wall well casing. Thanks, John

Hello, I have a shaver 290 and lately it seems as though the thing is hard to bring up to temp, not that it was ever easy. I heat 4000 sq feet with it,a garage and a house. iI put a 15 foot extension on the smoke pipe to bring the smoke above mine and the neighbors house. It appears that i have to keep opening the fan draft control at the back of the furnace to get enough heat and now that isnt making much of a difference . Has anybody had problems with smoke pipe or chimney extensions? Oh the pipe is a piece of thin wall well casing. Thanks, John

I put a 6’ extension on my 165; you might want to check your pipe for creosote build up.
Mine was almost stopped up when it was heating enough.

I don't have an owb, but I don't think 15' would be an issue. I would definitely check for buildup though. My indoor stove seemed hard to get to temp for a while, turned out the top 2 ft of my 25 ft chimney was about 30-40%plugged.

Hello, I have a shaver 290 and lately it seems as though the thing is hard to bring up to temp, not that it was ever easy. I heat 4000 sq feet with it,a garage and a house. iI put a 15 foot extension on the smoke pipe to bring the smoke above mine and the neighbors house. It appears that i have to keep opening the fan draft control at the back of the furnace to get enough heat and now that isnt making much of a difference . Has anybody had problems with smoke pipe or chimney extensions? Oh the pipe is a piece of thin wall well casing. Thanks, John[/QUOT

search for shaver, then go to page 2, owb stack extension, this might help.

pipe

Hi I have a shaver 165 and when my owb gets hard to get to temp I have to clean out the pipe. mine builds up with creosote about every three to six days. and I do have a 4 1/2 ext pipe on mine . this is what I did I have some 4 5/8 steel pipe and I welded a bracket across the pipe and welded a half in" pipe to that all together it is six feet long and it works very good.

Latest posts

Back