Snellerized Saws Conquers the 75cc 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of late, I've been tackling the saws I'm either not as fond of or have had less than stellar luck with. This time around it's the 75cc 372XPW topend. My goal was to find the power in this topend that should be afforded by those extra few ccs. The 75cc cylinder has a few disadvantages that make it a little more difficult to get the kind of results from that I demand. As a result, I've also chosen to work with the standard 71cc variety. I've picked up some new tricks on other recent projects and realized that they should apply here. There was only one way to find out. TRY IT! And that's exactly what I did. I couldn't be more pleased. This saw is 11% stronger, averaged across the entire powerband. That's disproportionately more than the cc advantage would suggest. I couldn't be more pleased. Additionally, this saw is on it's very first tank of fuel, only having been run a couple cuts to tune it before making this video. It's a brand new saw. Also, it's only running a single port muffler where as the 71cc has a triple port muffler on it.

Take a look for yourself.

71cc

75cc

Sounds great, if its okay for me asking what did you end up with port timing numbers when you were finished up? Have an OEM 51.4 jug i measured up yesterday with these (102-E 79-I). Have an old 372xt chassis im going to put it on. Thanks

Sounds great, if its okay for me asking what did you end up with port timing numbers when you were finished up? Have an OEM 51.4 jug i measured up yesterday with these (102-E 79-I). Have an old 372xt chassis im going to put it on. Thanks
Check the date stamp on this post, it was 3 yrs ago. He may or may not answer.

Latest posts

Back