Snow and Nealley Axes and Mauls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissfan113

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Are Snow and Nealley axes and mauls really worth the extra bucks, I like that they are made in the USA, and expect them to be high quality, but figured I'd check to see if anyone has experience with em.
Kevin

Are Snow and Nealley axes and mauls really worth the extra bucks, I like that they are made in the USA, and expect them to be high quality, but figured I'd check to see if anyone has experience with em.Kevin

Made in Maine Kevin. High quality, but traditional designs. They do the job but in spite of my being a Mainer, you may want to search AS for hand mauls that do a better job.

Yea Wetterlings oops sorry man

Thx....I got it, this wetterlings is the same as Gränsfors. I'm a native swede myself, and I have a couple of Gränsfors hatchets. They are nice, but I would buy one for my firewood purposes....first they are to costly to buy and then leave sitting in the chopping block all year around, they will take damage, they have to be keep dry, best indoor, but not very warm. one of my hatchets have been by the by my fireplace for 2 yaers now, and shaft is coming of....my dad taught me to occasionly let the axe sit in a bucket of water for a day or to, to let hickory swell up a bit....anyway I hate maintenance, and I ended up with a fiskars maul, maintenace free and liftim warranty, there are other brands to.....

Back