Snowed in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 years worth split and stacked in the barn, plenty of water, chow, and ammo. Had surgery this AM (see Chainsaw Elbow thread) so the gal and I are set to weather this one in a warm safe house out here in Hooterville. Forecasters are saying anywhere between 7-15 inches! Close the roads, kill the power, let 'er rip, I don't care, let it snow!

PS
I might be shade low on Copenhagen though. :mad:

And typing with one hand is painfully SLOW! :cry:

hey you still got them deer tied behind the barn.....hunting was pretty crappy here this year.:)

Nah!!
Had to turn 'em loose. They are the last Deer left in this corner of the state.

It seems our DNR and that Horror film reject Grandmole, kinda miscounted our deer herd by a Million or so in favor of the insurance companys and the Beef industry.

Crappy ain't the way to put it, but the auto censor would delete the truth for all the cussing.

Muzzleloading season is a flop as well, even with the Corn finally off.
We all thought they were in the corn... Nope.

Just a completely decimated deer herd after 10 years of unlimited doe tags.

I hope the ####ing "quality deer management" #######s, and insurance jackoffs are happy. They both got what they wanted.

Now if we get a long cold winter it will be back to an early 70's sized herd down here.

Ya really know how to wind a guy up yooper!
I held on half a dozen does and a couple fork horns....
I ain't been buckless since gawd knows when.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nah!!
Had to turn 'em loose. They are the last Deer left in this corner of the state.

It seems our DNR and that Horror film reject Grandmole, kinda miscounted our deer herd by a Million or so in favor of the insurance companys and the Beef industry.

Crappy ain't the way to put it, but the auto censor would delete the truth for all the cussing.

Muzzleloading season is a flop as well, even with the Corn finally off.
We all thought they were in the corn... Nope.

Just a completely decimated deer herd after 10 years of unlimited doe tags.

I hope the ####ing "quality deer management" #######s, and insurance jackoffs are happy. They both got what they wanted.

Now if we get a long cold winter it will be back to an early 70's sized herd down here.

Ya really know how to wind a guy up yooper!
I held on half a dozen does and a couple fork horns....
I ain't been buckless since gawd knows when.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

This is the first year I haven gotten my buck since 1989:confused:

I've got 2 years worth split and stacked in the barn, plenty of water, chow, and ammo. Had surgery this AM (see Chainsaw Elbow thread) so the gal and I are set to weather this one in a warm safe house out here in Hooterville. Forecasters are saying anywhere between 7-15 inches! Close the roads, kill the power, let 'er rip, I don't care, let it snow!

PS
I might be shade low on Copenhagen though. :mad:

And typing with one hand is painfully SLOW! :cry:

Good luck on the healing!

12" on the ground now, forecasters say another 4" coming. The wind is starting to pick up a bit so it will be drifting soon. High tomorrow of 11 with 35-45 mph wind.

Filled the wood cribs and treated the diesel fuel in the tractor and Bobcat. Parked the Bobcat in the shop tonight so the wood stove will keep it nice and warm until morning when it will be cleaning the driveway. The cat is in the shop, dog is on the porch, wife is in bed and as of yesterday at 5 pm all of the crop is in the bins.

You guys complaining about a lack of deer, how many 'ya want? You can't sling a dead cat in any direction without hitting at least 7 here in Iowa. A friend stopped by today with 5 bucks in his pickup. He and his brother shot them this morning in less than 2 hours. 1 six point, 2 10 point, 1 12 point and a huge 16 point that spans 22 inches. I have one buck tag and one doe tag to fill and will get them as soon as I'm done cleaning up after this storm.

Crap!
Just lost Satelite signal.

Musta finally got here.

tnichols,
wait untill mid morning to run to the Store for the chew. By that time all the Cubicle jockeys and citiots will be done trying to kill themselves.

No need to strain that elbow swerving to miss an idiot stumbling around in the snow.!!

Heal quick! Lotsa ice the first day or so, then some rehab with those mini- beers before going back to 12oz jobbies.;)

Looks like you'll have lotsa time to study old threads and saw #### here.
This could be bad thing for the CAD.:clap:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Made it to work this morning, all the schools are closed here wind is really blowing, we didn't get a whole lot of snow yet maybe 4 or 5 inches but it is really drifting with this high wind, and they say another 6" coming today. Then below zero temps tonight.

12" on the ground now, forecasters say another 4" coming. The wind is starting to pick up a bit so it will be drifting soon. High tomorrow of 11 with 35-45 mph wind.

Filled the wood cribs and treated the diesel fuel in the tractor and Bobcat. Parked the Bobcat in the shop tonight so the wood stove will keep it nice and warm until morning when it will be cleaning the driveway. The cat is in the shop, dog is on the porch, wife is in bed and as of yesterday at 5 pm all of the crop is in the bins.

You guys complaining about a lack of deer, how many 'ya want? You can't sling a dead cat in any direction without hitting at least 7 here in Iowa. A friend stopped by today with 5 bucks in his pickup. He and his brother shot them this morning in less than 2 hours. 1 six point, 2 10 point, 1 12 point and a huge 16 point that spans 22 inches. I have one buck tag and one doe tag to fill and will get them as soon as I'm done cleaning up after this storm.

Wish I could send ya about 500 wolves and 200 inches of snow, and see how the hunting works out for ya next year:D......looks like ya did some good hunting this year.

You're lucky

I'd like to send you Wisconsin's DNR - - -biggest bunch of a --holes known to man. In about three years they've damn near wiped out one of the best deer herds in the country!

Al:chainsawguy::chainsawguy:

Lay in a good stock of chow and water, make sure the prescriptions are all filled, check out some good books at the Library, remember where ya put the coleman latern mantles, and settle in.

Let the other fools spas out and go ditch diving.;)

Hunker down, and have fun!
(And remember to stash enough water to flush the commode;))

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

plenty chow, hope the town tower dont run dry!!!!! hope elec dont stop!!! but if i have to--generator......computer has to run--so can harass fools on here, and they know who they are---and ill blow the snow--when the dang wind stops!!!!!!! aint no sense reblowing it time and time again--dont mind cold--but that wind sucks large--

Yep. Grab a good supply of candles as well, and bring some extra wood into the house just in case.(quote)

about candles---read a article--that said the common candles you buy,are throwing fumes you dont want in the air--said need to burn soy candles,who evers brand. any made from soybean products,as theres no toxic fumes from them--------------extra wood in house--crawl space under house i dug out years ago,and put a full basement under--is where the wood is stacked--dont go outside--and thats also where the goods we canned are stored--wood area is 12 wide,8 high,19 foot long---all ash--dry--

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back