So I can get a refubished PP5020AV for $100.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zenoah G 5000 ? is that saw any good?
ABSOLUTELY! Real japanese pro quality! Decade old design though.

Zenoah now belongs to the Husqvarna brand.

I noticed a very similar design to the kingpark saw when i saw the new craftsman saws the plastics are different but the engine design looks identical i wish i had them side by side to compare anyone else notice this.View attachment 568740
Looks like another Zenoah clone.

Here is another $47 Free Ship 58cc saw.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Bar-Chai...749096?hash=item3ade201aa8:g:qYAAAOSwax5Y2xP0

Gotta suspect scam. Seller joined ebay yesterday and 0 feedback. Not sure how the scam works - maybe seller is able to move $ out of paypal immediately. Paypal requires a back up credit card - maybe seller's CC is fraudulent or stolen.
I wondered how the scam worked i thought they were more ripping off paypal than anything that's all i use now but i don't know.

Any chance I can get a measurement or drill bit size of your modded 5020 muffler? I already run 40:1 with quality dirt bike oil and ethanol free fuel. I dont mind going to 32:1 at all.

The mfr recommended 50:1 and I just dont believe in that ratio at all. I have killed far too many coated dirt bike cylinders at 50:1 even using the best of the best Castor or synthetics. I am fairly certain the Craftsman 50cc engine uses a steel sleeve and is not coated like the 5020, so I debated on using 32:1 from the start, but I thought it may clog the spark arrester screen (if it has one?) If it doesnt cause a problem going 32:1 I will gladly up the oil in my fuel.

I will switch to a 16 bar later with a full chisel bit chain, but for now this bar is new and so is the chain. A good tune and bar/chain combo is the key for sure. I have spent many hours on a big Stihl with a short bar and chisel bit chain, it really helped me get through some long days but a cheap saw tuned and setup well can get the job done also. I no longer have the Stihl or my 16 inch Craftsman, just this 20 incher Craftsman Pro I picked up last week. One of my buddies was cutting side by side with me all day with some cheap saw he picked up, and me using my Stihl MS 361 and he did just fine with his. I think he picked up my 361 and immediately set it down and said no thanks. He is a tad bit smaller than I am. I am definitely one to use whatever works, regardless of the name.

Sorry for the delayed response about the exhaust.

According to my math the cylinder exhaust port measures .5625 cubic inches the manufactured exhaust hole measures .48" or .181 cubic inches which is a 32% opening. My uncles saw buddy says this should be closer to 85%. 85% of .5625 is an exhaust opening of .478125 cubic inches. Which means opening the exhaust an additional .297 cubic inches. So long story short - If you drill an additional 1/2" hole and a 1/4" hole that will add .245 cubic inches which puts you at 75%. All I can say is I'm happier (much) with this simple mod - but don't forget to retune the carb afterwards.

Thanks TS73! No worries about the delayed response. I appreciate the info.

Back