So I said to myself

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have got the 346xp! 2nd choice would be a 550xp

And I've never given warranty a thought, never needed one...

Well more than a few were thankfull they had a warranty for the 550xp, even then, their new saws were tied up too long. Definitely don't buy the auto -tune from dealers that don't have the the diagnostic tools or know how to fix them.

Ive had a few Stihls, at one time I had a 028 that I really liked. Since then I had a 250 that I didnt keep very long and then this MS280. I made the mistake of not doing any research and did the impulse buy. I feel the 280 is overweight but does have nice cutting power. I hope that a 346 is more like my old 028, and will probably go with that. ( maybe even where Bob works)
I am a auto mechanic and have been all of my life, been through the electrical carb and computer changes. I feel that it will quickly move to fuel injection in the small engine world and the auto tune is a gap filler. Just my thoughts.

You are most likely correct.

with that said, the shops who arent doing anything about getting a dang cable and some software...I wouldnt trust them with anything high tech like a flat blade screwdriver. Ya, husky rapes them on the cost, but just sayin...this is 2012, "techs" afraid of simple basic technology thats been around every place but saws for *decades* now don't deserve the name, IMO. 50 to 80 clams an hour they want to make for being a "tech" and the "expert" locally with their brand gear..get with the program or go the way of the dodo, someone else will step up to the plate and take their business from them.

If you are happy with the power of the 280, the 261 would be equal in power with less weight and your dealer may give you a trade-in for your 280. The 261 can be ported and become a much stronger saw.

why not just get a 500P or 600P echo if your dealer sells em?i'd just get both then add a top handle for the small stuff. perfect 3 saw plan...for now haha:wink2:

Well more than a few were thankfull they had a warranty for the 550xp, even then, their new saws were tied up too long. Definitely don't buy the auto -tune from dealers that don't have the the diagnostic tools or know how to fix them.

That's why my first choice is a 346xp. :msp_wink:

Hey Ralph,

Buy the saw you want. If you have a warranty issue and the local shops don't have AT scan tools Husqvarna will have to find you someone to look after it. That's big H's problem, not yours.

When the dealer they find for him is 2 hours away I believe that would become the OP's problem and not big H's.

Been there, done that.

When the dealer they find for him is 2 hours away I believe that would become the OP's problem and not big H's.

Been there, done that.

yeah, there's a risk. I just wouldn't let it stop me from buying the saw I want.

Personally, I also think that 346 is probably the way to go.....

Jonsered 2153. Great saw. Maybe let brad snellerize it for ya. Check out his video if u haven't seen it already.

And there's 3 dealers around me that carry jonsered and stihl. And one of em carries the big H too. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm there :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back