So I'm curious, what do you guys do for a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half owner/operator of a construction and excavating company. Dad actually started the business. He runs the drilling and blasting devision and deals with all the explosives, I run the excavating devision,with a some help from dad from time to time, and mostly install underground utilities for utility districts.

48 yrs young

Doctrate from the "School of Hard Knocks and Practical Experience".

Currently an Operations Manager / Americas region turbines blade transport expert of a rail/truck loading facility specializing in oversized loads for the wind energy business. (When you see those ultra long wind turbine blades going down the road or rail, I probably had a hand in it)

I also own and operate a mini-storage facility in the area.

I can consider myself to be lucky as work has never seemed to be scarce for me and my family.

I have always lived by the risk and reward principle. If you do not take the risk, you cannot realize the rewards.

I've got a bachelors degree in History, I work at my families lawn equipment dealership. I'm a Stihl factory trained tech, but I also do all the push mower repairs, handheld repairs, equipment sales, sharpen chains, and blades, sweep the floors, wash the windows, run the Ebay store, set up equipment, order parts, wait on customers. Being a 3 person operation we joke that we work 7 days a week when we're slow, and 8 days a week when we're busy.

53, Engineering manager for a small rural electric distribution utility (cooperative). Serving the community (village) that raised me, 25 miles from my aging parents. Grew up on the farm, always liked the mechanical stuff, never much for the cattle. Dad still has 50 head of Polled Herefords. 1st daughter is in grad school to be a CSI, other daughter college freshman headed into the ministry. Just love sawin' wood, and now repairing saws and makin' 'em run.

Im a small time Bonzai Tree farmer.....

If you are going to grow them, at least know how to spell it. :dizzy:

Bonsai!

Bonsai.jpg

I'm 63. Work in the sales dept of a construction equipment
dealership specializing in asphalt paving equipment. Been doing
that most of my life. Worked in service dept, parts, & sales. For
a couple of years in the early 90's did small engine repair at
a feed & seed - hardware store. We were a Poulan Pro dealer.
Always liked fooling with chainsaws. Spend a lot of time cutting
firewood & cleaning up around a friend's farm where we hunt.

40 and have supplied parts for the Big 3 the last 16 yrs. Currently supervise paint line where we paint fascia's for the Big 3 using 20 ABB robots.
Not nearly as fun as riding M1A1's for Uncle Sam but keeps me home w/ my lovely wife and 2 great daughters. Saw's are a hobby that also keep the home warm and 20 acres clear of dead trees.

63 year old retired truck mechanic.Worked all over the world in seismic exploration, then moved to Germany 22 years ago.
geoff

:cheers:

Back