So I'm curious, what do you guys do for a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Airs huh? Do you guys have any B-100's? Always thought that would be a hoot with the -10's on it.

Good to see you... is it Tim?

I've had the same thought about a B100... we came from MU-2s (flew into Cincinatti every night for a long time doing Federal reserve, BTW) and the -10 Marquis were performers! We had one that you could redline (250kts indicated) anywhere below 14,000 feet.

I do EMS now and we have E90's, a B200 (yay!), and an A100, which is a slug but otherwise a decent machine. The B200 is a fabulous airplane but is, frankly, more airplane than we need. It's a pain in my arse, actually, because everyone fights over it!

Steve

51, started off working in the family business (bar, restaurant and gun shop- go figure), cutting firewood with Dad's old Pioneer Holiday II and a Collins ax. Moved up to odd jobs in the area, lifeguard, ski patrolman, laborer, joined the Marine Corps 1/2/79 and did 4, got out, hunted, fished and trapped till I got roped into a bodyshop. Learned a lot there and helped run that business into the ground. Went onto paving and construction, truck driving, lumber yards, truss building. Moved on to Husky dealership as a wrench and later to my own shop till I got a career type job. Spent 23 years as a State Trooper. Retired 2 years back, now I'm farming and slowly working my way back into a chainsaw repair shop. During the State years I got into horse logging firewood. Still the best way IMO to get wood out to the header until you get into big stuff and only a fool cuts a saw log for firewood anyways. Still got draft horses along with the tractors and crawlers.

Got 4 kids and a granddaughter, 50 year old wife that looks 35 and 340 acres of heaven.

Dang, I guess I did all right after all!

26. Started out working at a full service gas station/garage when I was 17. Stayed there nearly 7 years. Took a job at a factory that manufactured roof bolts for the mining industry and absolutely hated it. Now I am back to turning wrenches professionally. I don't mind the work but the hours can be funky at times. Not sure where I want to go at this point.

I got a CPA right out of college and went to work for a major accounting firm, but found it was not my calling after all. I've been with a major pharmaceutical company the last 26 years in various roles, currently doing compliance oversight on computer systems.

But I grew up on a dairy farm and like all things mechanical. Discovered I could run a chain saw during the winter to provide firewood for a county-sponsored heating assistance program, and this past winter was my third year of bucking logs every other Saturday morning, October through March. Keeps them warm and me warm as well.

Latest posts

Back