So many saws...so little money..lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, understandable. I even have 'em stacking up, new in box, in my basement. And I'm still looking for a few models to add to the mix.
New in box!! Big timer...lol. I haven't bought a new saw yet. Maybe I'll get to pop my new saw cherry one of these days.

I hear you! I live on eBay hoping to be the first one to discover a Buy It Now bargain - I am certifiably obsessed. These are always carcasses and when they arrive, I tear them down and file their parts in the appropriate bins/baggies. For me, it is a rush receiving the saw and discovering exactly how I am going to justify the expense with the good parts I'm able to salvage. Or finding out why a 262 carcass was being sold with the 3-shoe clutch still attached when everything else had been stripped (had to use heat and an impact wrench multiple times to get that puppy off). Or finding that the cylinder that they described as scorched actually cleans up completely (thanks Mastermind for the technique).

I had someone relieve me of two of my saws three weeks ago. One was a 272 xp that I purchased off of here, had it running great, and had yet to put it to wood..next was an 036 pro. That was going to be a keeper ( like I can get rid of any saws anyway)LOL. A great mid size saw!!

They got into my shed at night and five finger
Discounted them.

Now I want to replace those..

Can't understand why I want so many saws... At the most, I'd need 3. I just cut firewood in the PNW. Scan CList every day looking for deals...don't need em, but I want em!!

Rant over.

Who else is with me??

Yes, part of it is CAD but part of it is something else. I want to buy as many good saws as I can before the EPA totally screws them up. I'm not interested in ANYTHING auto in a chainsaw. I love the fact that my old school saws are dead nuts reliable, great runners, easy to work on, and easy to tune. Have problems with an auto tune saw and good luck fixing that yourself...or maybe even good luck having your dealer fix it from what I hear;).

In all reality, I could get by with one saw if I had to. But like you said, "I want em".

Back