So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by SilverBlue
HA HA we also talked about our friend Butch:cool:

As well you should! :D

dude.gif

Ha! Butch!

I've groundied for my share of climbers and I'll have to say, in general, my statement holds true. The really good climbers were happy that at the least I knew the knots, filled the tanks, sharpened the saws, and kept the landing area clean. Only once have I've groundied for a real a**hole excellent climber. I could've sent lobster rolls and a naked girl up the rope to him and he woulda complained the naked girl wasn't a blonde!

Chucky

Ditto. Those same people are still trying to attract and hold onto their groundsmen....the good employers do not have such a turnover rate IMHO.

Off to the arena at 1215 for another pickup game...so much for work .

4 hours, 1 silky Zubat pole saw, 1 silky gomtaro pole saw, 9 plums, 9 cherries, 2 pickups full of debris, $40 at the green dump, 2 shoulder weary people.

mostly just dead wooding them yesterday. pruning to thin and correct is scheduled for a couple months away. New homeowner to cattle farmer tended trees. They were chopped and topped out probably 5 years or more ago leaving 8" diameter stubs up to 6 feet long, some completely mushed out and rotten.

Wife is fed up with me. :)

I am picking up my 120' rope w/ eye splice tomorrow afternoon and heading out on Sunday to climb the London Plane at my parents place again and do some thinning higher up and such. I picked up a micro pulley and another biner as well as a split tail. I am going to try a few different methods of entering the tree then might try to move around a bit in it. I had/have a 50' climbing rope, but I found I cant get much beyond about 15-20 feet up for a crotch on this particular tree so it limits me to like 10 to 15 feet off the ground, I am getting the bigger rope so I can go a bit higher and if needed and when warranted, more higher still.
I will be trying: foot lock ascent (got a pantin for my boot so it should be easy), body thrust ascent (Ie. Butch Ballowe), secured free climbing. Then to move around I am going to try to change to a split tail and try it with and without micro pulley. Should be a hoot.

to think it can be summed up so easily.... I bought a book about knots and climbing and stuff, all I had to do was throw my rope in the tree and pull myself up. sheeyite. :)

well, I can always fall back on your way if the fancy aluminum thingies and unpronouncable knots dont whisk me up the tree with minimal effort.

Aww, all the new stuff sure is fun, and I like playing with unpronouncable knots and stuff...

But old school is still cool. :cool:

Back