So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry but you need to post a video of that farm boss cutting wood ....i thought only pro grade saws can do that ....lmao !!!!!

sorry but you need to post a video of that farm boss cutting wood ....i thought only pro grade saws can do that ....lmao !!!!!
Lmao hahaha. I just couldn't justify $620 for a 261. I spent within my budget and im extremely happy. Ill put it thru the ringer Sunday cutting oak.

I did check out the echo cs590 as well. It was heavier, more awkward, and seemed cheap compared to the 271. I do like the smaller echo saws tho.

I got the 271 with a 18" paid $450 with a gallon of bar oil and a 6 pack of stihl mix.

Im not a pro and i dont need a pro saw. I do need to cut some wood tho. I need to cut quite a bit actually, more then i thought.
7e0ef7aa6d389b976dcbf265bca29a57.jpg

Yes i did get the free hat!!

i am the mechanic at a tree and lawn care company and we use the 029FB all the time for limbing when the tree is on the ground .....enjoy the new saw and the hat ....lol

I'm also curious about the 271. I haven't handled one. How big an engine is that?
Its 50cc around 2.5hp. Mine had a 20" on it but i wanted a 18" felt alot better after the swap. They say it screams with a 16", i just wanted that lil extra.

I like it, throttle response is very quick, revs nice, and for the few limbs i cut last night the AV is Smooth. Has the cool screw on airfilter. Its the cheaper one but you can get the upgraded one if needed. Im happy.

Not today but a few days ago, got my little Cub Cadet tractor running so I can have a snow plow around here. Looks like I'm gonna need it soon. All I did today was change a bar and chain on my Stihl 026 from 16" to 18" because the 18 was in better shape.

rebuilt a carb and flushed fuel tanks on a echo, a pair of twin sthil 021s and finished up my 036 pro build ....that sucker screams .....lol and that was after work...lol

Froze my A$$ off machining on a 6000 ton forge press, temp was 30 ish couple pics of the bottom finished last week.

To put it in perspective the mill is 110" long x 34" wide.
Looks like a climax set up! Spent more hours/days running one of those on shovels and draglines here in Wyoming than i care to admit! I know your pain! Nice work!

Winter has come to the south, mid 40s now.
Time to put on long pants here.
Time to go into the garage and get the carb out of the USC.

Looks like an inside day, need to acclimate myself to this cold air stuff.

Winter has come to the south, mid 40s now.
Time to put on long pants here.
Time to go into the garage and get the carb out of the USC.

Looks like an inside day, need to acclimate myself to this cold air stuff.
Once i weld up this guys exhaust im headed home to start a fire.

Looks like a climax set up! Spent more hours/days running one of those on shovels and draglines here in Wyoming than i care to admit! I know your pain! Nice work!
yep, its an older climax hate to guess how many hours it has. New in 1994.

Today I learned you have to pull the whole motor out to do fuel lines on a plastic case homelite super 2.

Today I spent all morning and afternoon catching up on all the good info I have missed in the last few months! Tommorow I'm heading up close to the Montana boarder to mark a bunch of trees on a friends ranch that we will be milling into lumber to use this spring. May get to do some felling. Last weekend I brought my old j-red back to life after 8 years on the shelf. Mounted a 28" inch on it with semi-skip. May get into some 30" ponderosa I am told!

Back