So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a box and shipped off a gallon of special 2-stroke oil to someone I had promised it to a couple months ago.

Got a couple of parts today for my 029 in the mail and installed them on the engine. Have several more to come. That's how I like to rebuild saws, no hurry, glad I don't have customers waiting, this is my personal saw not a customer saw. It should be done in a few weeks...

welded up a new clamp system for my saw mill then tested it out on a boxelder, need to make a few more adjustments though. going to take a tree out and grind a stump for a customer tomorrow.

My daughter and I whacked down another one in my yard. That makes 15 or so, so far. Making some progress. Her first time with a chainsaw. Didn't realize how complicated using one properly was! Throttle position and pressure to get the saw right in the powerband was something I took for granted before this experience! But, she got the hang of it fairly quickly and was doing fine by the time we were done. Nice day, too. Don't miss the snow...

IMG_2360.jpg IMG_2361.jpg

Got up and went to Church! Ate lunch and got the 066 running!
de3f7c1554c6e53cb44933f335fbd5fe.jpg

Made grilled chicken for dinner! Then I turned this...
1dc5d215964307a7bfb436cb2c1233f5.jpg

Into this!
f1aa3900a1fc70824256461799af6544.jpg
d2ad258198448b20342daec19e9addcd.jpg

ce59492b999484046ea44f9cf1a0e561.jpg

I made a fire at church for our annual picnic for hot dogs and marshmellows. Used cookies from the last GTG. I have a lot of them left yet... And by the end of the month, we'll have more! A friend sent his Poulan home with me to fix. Not sure how I'm going to fit that into my schedule but...

After church I got a few of the saws I got yesterday running. The XL925 took very little to get running, the same with the Mac 605 and the Super 2. Had trouble with the 330 Homelite (boot) and the Poulan 25 which appeared to have a huge air leak somewhere. I took a couple of parts Stihl MS250s and got one complete saw out of it but it didn't have enough compression so it'll sit awhile until I get some time. I bought a jack for my riding mower and tried it out today also, cleaned the deck out on the mower so it might work a little better. Mowed a bit then it was time to come into the house and rest a bit..

Put an offer in on a nice piece of property. 4.0 acres with a nice vineyard, orchard and a ratty house built in 1900. Waiting to hear one way or the other. (this would be an investment rental after some considerable work)

Worked on the Poulan 25DA today. Turned out the huge air leak came from not having a gasket under the carburetor. I guess the previous owner knew he was gonna sell it and didn't bother to put the gasket back. Carb was kinda dirty inside also, had to soak it awhile to get most of the crud out. Runs now though.

Wacked a couple 24" birch from next to the house and compared my 031 next to my poulan 3400 counter. The stihl kicked its butt.... Then i found out the poulan has the wrong spark plug in it. Hopefully that has something to do with it, cause i thought a 8cc larger poulan would be closer. First major cutting of the year. Woohoo!

I just dropped a cashiers check in the mail for a down payment on some porting work. Now I just have to wait till the last week of October. Gonna be a looooonnnnggggg summer. LOL

Not much chainsawing today, changed the oil in the car, mowed the yard. Thought the wife was burning something made out of rubber in our burning barrel, turned out I was burning a belt in the lawn mower so tomorrow it's off to the mower shop to get a new belt. I did fire up the XL925 for a few minutes today and cut up a foot wide piece of wood. Sure wish that thing had a better chain! I'll see if I can find one tomorrow also..

Latest posts

Back