So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRM

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
The exhaust port looked much better than yours with much more hours.

And here is where I continue to struggle with the theme. Claims with no pictures. Scraping with a pick, which I have never done, produced very little carbon. Very little. So far every picture I have seen slamming stihl is one thats either been modified or running a heavier mix, or both. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when one chooses to deviate from the manufacturers recommendations you are your own warranty station.

By now I am sure it seems as though I am a Stihl fan boy. Quite contrary. I am simply looking for real world results that I can relate to. And I'll gladly switch.
Until then, I'll just blindly continue to use what I use, probably for another 10 years.

North by Northwest

North by Northwest

The Great White North...Eh !
. AS Supporting Member.
Should be noted this is a strato engine, runs hot and lean and I ran it hard. The motor got very hot while burning stumps and brush.
It ran perfect until I dropped a stump on it with an excavator while burning stumps.
Zenoah & Redmax started the strato technology , which eventually Husquarna acquired . The performance gains with the additional strato ports allows a much more efficient fresh air charge entrainment just a few degrees prior to the transfer ports cracking , this with the intake port opening allows a quick removal of exhaust gases to expedite the scavenging effect of fresh fuel into the cylinder . This additional air certainly does entail a leaner burn condition , which requires better jetting science from a non strato designs . Saw porting can really wake up a Strato saw increasing low rpm torque values with simple blowdown specs & duration changes during port & piston shaving ! Notable horsepower gains are easily attained also on high compression engines , using this strato recognized design perameters over conventional 2T engines !

huskihl

huskihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
And here is where I continue to struggle with the theme. Claims with no pictures. Scraping with a pick, which I have never done, produced very little carbon. Very little. So far every picture I have seen slamming stihl is one thats either been modified or running a heavier mix, or both. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when one chooses to deviate from the manufacturers recommendations you are your own warranty station.

By now I am sure it seems as though I am a Stihl fan boy. Quite contrary. I am simply looking for real world results that I can relate to. And I'll gladly switch.
Until then, I'll just blindly continue to use what I use, probably for another 10 years.
Pretty easy to do your own test. Cut wood for a year running an oil that’s proven to work better at not building carbon and make your own decision.

jellyroll

jellyroll

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Zenoah & Redmax started the strato technology , which eventually Husquarna acquired . The performance gains with the additional strato ports allows a much more efficient fresh air charge entrainment just a few degrees prior to the transfer ports cracking , this with the intake port opening allows a quick removal of exhaust gases to expedite the scavenging effect of fresh fuel into the cylinder . This additional air certainly does entail a leaner burn condition , which requires better jetting science from a non strato designs . Saw porting can really wake up a Strato saw increasing low rpm torque values with simple blowdown specs & duration changes during port & piston shaving ! Notable horsepower gains are easily attained also on high compression engines , using this strato recognized design perameters over conventional 2T engines !
My redmax from 2005 is a strato engine uses a double barrel walbro WYL carburetor with interesting cylinder porting.

bwalker

For starters a good oil will burn very cleanly at something like 32:1.
Modifying also tends take an engine easier on oil.
You have been led to water.

Latest posts