Sold a chainsaw on ebay, check this out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you move saws in a hurry, your sig changes almost daily! Why's the 5105 for sale?

I don't really like little saws. I've tried to like it but it's just not for me. I like 70cc and up. I like to try different saws out but have to buy them to do so. I don't know many people in my area that use anything but 460 stihls or 290 farmbosses.

Yeah I listed the used ms 440 I had with a tank repair and scratched up plastics and it sold within 12 hours. I try to sell the little 5105 dolmar that is almost brand new and it doesn't sell. I don't understand some people.

I think what matters most is who's on ebay when you try to sell. I haven't looked at ebay much for several months so I'm not tempted to buy. I think in winter months there are more viewers on the 'bay thus higher bids. I haven't tried to sell anything there this summer.

If I were you I would be jumping with joy that the dum bass didn't give you a neg!!!

One of the problems with eeeeeeeeeeeee-bay is there isn't a way to weed out these types of idiots.
There should be someone somewhere with the sense and authority to look at that deal and just delete that feedback!

Mike

Never knew you were in the poultry business Lee :). Sorry, but that guy does sound like he's not firing on all cylinders. Can't blame you for being mad and venting either. More proof that feebay can really suck.

Dan

Did you see the followup that he added today? JR

Follow-up by treefaller (Jul-08-10 17:57):
this seller is a sham and a layer avoid at all cost

LoL...So Leeha is layer..:jawdrop:

If I were you I would be jumping with joy that the dum bass didn't give you a neg!!!

One of the problems with eeeeeeeeeeeee-bay is there isn't a way to weed out these types of idiots.
There should be someone somewhere with the sense and authority to look at that deal and just delete that feedback!

Mike

Ebay are money hungry leaches.It`s become criminal.There is NO place else that has the amount of buyers as Ebay and they know it.If you sell on Ebay and you have to pay your monthly bill, you know what I mean.That place is a cash machine.I don`t think they could print it faster than it comes in.They have it set up where every penny you makes goes through them first.And they take their cut.I would sell somewhere else, but there isn`t anywhere that compares.I `ve seen used saws sell for more than you could buy a brand new one for.There`s a lot of dumbarses on there.When you do have a problem and call, everyone of the employees speaks broken English.I`m not even sure your calling The United States.You practically gave that saw away.That dude is a real idiot!

That's sad that he can't even spell to make it make some sense. Ebay should just erase that.

I sold this saw on ebay item number 300436707840
Sorry don't know how to do links yet. maybe someone can post it.
I sold this saw to the winning bidder. I communicated well,
Answered all emails, waited for the M.O. to arrive and carefully packed and shipped the saw. Described the saw to the best of my ability and look at the feedback i got.
I believe he is a member here.
I would like to know if you people would be as p$$#@sed off as i am.

Thanks for reading

Lee

Unfortunately you can't fix "stupid." The customer service reps on Ebay openly admit the buyers rarely read all of the listings, then they complain because something about their item is not pleasing. Often the cards are stacked against the seller -- I can't see how you could have accomodated him any better. Afterall you accepted a money order and went the extra mile.
If you sell much at all, over a period of time the jerks will come. Seems unavoidable.

Soooooo Is that Doofus a Member Here???? I'd like him to Chime in.....I mean it, I really would :)

What a cull, the guy got a screaming deal with the winning bid, and then to leave less than good feedback...........CULL! That sucks Lee - Sam
ps- can't wait to see the finished 797G

DON"T do that!!!

The neutral didn't hurt your feedback score, and both parties will have to withdraw their feedback.
So the next poor sucker won't know what a tool this guy is!
Leave the truth and help someone else avoid the same problems you had.

Mike

Good point!!!!!
Little to late for me! LOL!

I just hated seeing the ridiculous remark left!

DON"T do that!!!

The neutral didn't hurt your feedback score, and both parties will have to withdraw their feedback.
So the next poor sucker won't know what a tool this guy is!
Leave the truth and help someone else avoid the same problems you had.

Mike

I don't believe it will remove the feedback left for him. Only problem with the request is.... you get one per 1000 transactions and you have to convince him to change it. Not sure he is capable of editing anything with that kind of spelling. I went through this exact situation and the guy denied my request. When he finally realized he was in the wrong he sent me 100 buck and a apology. Also commented on how big an idiot he was under the feedback he left.

dominique.jpg

A layer, eh?

Seriously, the buyer screwed up. He should fix it. The wording of the reply - sham and layer - is childish and dishonest, and treefaller needs to make this right.

The beauty of that feedback is that no one can understand it at first glance.:jawdrop: If they take the time to try & figure out what the moron was trying to say it becomes obvious that he spends a lot of time licking the window.
Don't let some "brain surgeon" get under your skin. I've found that as long as my conscience is clear things work out fine. A C:cheers:

Sorry to hear that lee. Unfortunately we dont know anything about a buyer until he buys. I had a situation a while back when I sold a 346xp. The guy was demanding i pay his repair bill. Yeah, he brought it to his shop and they found a problem. the adjustable oiler was "set too low" so they charged him $20 to adjust it. Now, if this was true and he believed it, he shouldnt go near a saw. I explained to him that he had been taken and even tried to explain how the oiler worked. He persisted so I told him I would not in fact give him one cent and that the next step would be reporting him. He never left any feedback so I considered it a win for me. But not worth the aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back