Sold a chainsaw on ebay, check this out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that lee. Unfortunately we dont know anything about a buyer until he buys. I had a situation a while back when I sold a 346xp. The guy was demanding i pay his repair bill. Yeah, he brought it to his shop and they found a problem. the adjustable oiler was "set too low" so they charged him $20 to adjust it. Now, if this was true and he believed it, he shouldnt go near a saw. I explained to him that he had been taken and even tried to explain how the oiler worked. He persisted so I told him I would not in fact give him one cent and that the next step would be reporting him. He never left any feedback so I considered it a win for me. But not worth the aggravation.

Half the time people on ebay don't leave feedback when they're happy with the deal. I rarely get a complaint but don't get any feedback, good or bad, on lots of sales.

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better now.
As far as a layer, yes i like girls like
all us men should,
And i'm not going to do anything with
ebay about trying to rid the neutral.
Live and learn but then how can you
spot these idiots before they bid.
2 feedback and i knew i was in trouble.

Be cautious everyone.

Lee

I have bought items off various auction 'sites for years. I have been tempted to leave negative feedback, but in all the years I have been purchasing, only once did I do it. And I waited a couple of days so I could think about the situation. When all one has is their good name to promote sales, a negative is a serious matter, at least to me.

I agree with all the previous posters, the fellow had no call to do that to you. It appears from the other neutrals you've received, the buyers are looking at the frickin' pictures and not reading the sales info before bidding.

Most sellers on ebay don't leave feedback untill the buyer leaves feedback. Worst thing is people don't realize how bad negative feedback hurts the seller. Not really sure if neutral feedback hurts the seller.

I have had a few cases of crappy sellers. I left one negative feedback in the last 7 years. It took the guy 4 messages for him to respond. He sent me the wrong dirt bike rim then what I bought. I sent it back on his buck and he sent me the wrong one AGAIN. Sent that one back on his buck and he finally sent me the right one. It took 2 months to get the right rim.:dizzy:

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better now.
As far as a layer, yes i like girls like
all us men should,
And i'm not going to do anything with
ebay about trying to rid the neutral.
Live and learn but then how can you
spot these idiots before they bid.
2 feedback and i knew i was in trouble.

Be cautious everyone.

Lee
Lee, they have a place in your listing where you can block bidders with less than a certain amount of feedback. I think you get to choose how many. You can block them for other things too.

Sorry for the trouble Lee. The buyer is obviously a bit selfish, and not too well educated to go along with it.

I don't know if he is a member on AS, I would guess not or he would know what kind of folk you find here and would know you well enough to understand what he was buying.

If he is a member or guest here I would hope he comes to realize his mistake and mans up, but I would expect the selfishness would likely win out.

Mark

buyer feedback can be amended. i have done it for an item that was missing a couple of parts. it was not their fault the parts were not there, but the communication was lacking and the replacement parts were slow arriving. i let them know when they arrived and the sent an email that allowed me to edit my feedback.

Lee, they have a place in your listing where you can block bidders with less than a certain amount of feedback. I think you get to choose how many. You can block them for other things too.

I realize this, but i started with nothing and
like to give benefit of the dought. Not anymore.
He is now on my no bid list forever.

Lee

Sorry for the trouble Lee. The buyer is obviously a bit selfish, and not too well educated to go along with it.

I don't know if he is a member on AS, I would guess not or he would know what kind of folk you find here and would know you well enough to understand what he was buying.

If he is a member or guest here I would hope he comes to realize his mistake and mans up, but I would expect the selfishness would likely win out.

Mark

It is to bad on behalf Mark.
But i will deal with it.
If you read this whole thread,
You will see he is a member here.
I highly dought he will man up to
his stupidity.

Lee

Last week I noticed a donkey standing in my neighbors field. At the end of the day he was still a donkey.

Add the donkey to your favorite sellers list and when he has a low priced item, buy it.....................................

Last week I noticed a donkey standing in my neighbors field. At the end of the day he was still a donkey.

Add the donkey to your favorite sellers list and when he has a low priced item, buy it.....................................

Ha yup, get him back

:agree2:

When you think about this transaction in the future, just smile and send up a word of thanks that you don't have to walk through the rest of your life in his shoes.

Mike

If you read his profile on ebay he sure isn't the best articulater in the world. Nice spelling too, he has a picture of his girlfriend on there too. Can't believe that someone would gripe about getting that saw for that price.

I have purchsed on ebay and was ticked about an item I won and wasn't what I thought but after reading the small print and looking at the pictures I was the one who had screwed up and not the seller but I didn't give them any bad feedeback.

Thats just wrong. I don't know why people have to be that way. Dude prolly has a miserable life.

Maybe he'll cut his toe off! :clap:

He is obviously an idiot and does not understand EBAY. BUT I am guessing he read the:

Item specifics
Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions

and thought that was written by the seller and maybe didn't read on......

DimWitt!!

Sorry for your troubles Lee. You basically gave him the saw and even though you described it as siezed it was all there and looked to be in very good phyisical condition for it's age.

FWIW.. doing a search of AS members online names, amazingly, I find no "treefaller" listed. So he's not one of ours............OR..........?? Perhaps he is.......from the looks of his grasp of the English language and spelling abilities he may be unable to spell his own name the same twice in a row!!

To start with he ought to be slapped for whining at all about buying a complete saw for $20.50 in any condition!!!!!!! AND let's not forget he made the bid, you were not twisting his arm!!:cheers:

Great idea and already done.
Hope i can get him back along
with one other.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back