Sold a chainsaw on ebay, check this out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time the saw that i don't want
will get toss into the dump.
A measely 20 bucks and i get this
kind of BS. From a idiot who doesn't
have a clue.

Lee
I just thought of something, may not be good idea but who knows? Maybe we Arborist Site members should put some kind of mark or something on our ads so that other members will know who we are. If we are sellers we could put something in our description of item like a $ sign or something where it normally wouldn't be. If we see that and we're a buyer we could put it in a question to seller. Just a thought. Maybe someone else could come up with something better?

Not too bright!!

I took one look at the guy's e-bay photo, and saw a pit-bull on a chain. That pretty much says it all. I love dogs the way some of you guys love your saws. Never put a dog on a chain, 'specially a pit-bull. I've owned dogs all my life, hunted, bred and trained them. Put a dog on a chain and he's frustrated and only half the dog he could be, guarranteed. As far as chainsaws go, you sold it too cheap, to a dumbass. Better luck next time,,, and I'd check the guys' picture first. If he's dumb enough to put a picture of a dog on a chain for his ID, he's not smart enough to do business with!! Good luck, and that's one heck of bummer. Ask e-bay and I think they will remove it for you.

Joe

I took one look at the guy's e-bay photo, and saw a pit-bull on a chain. That pretty much says it all. I love dogs the way some of you guys love your saws. Never put a dog on a chain, 'specially a pit-bull. I've owned dogs all my life, hunted, bred and trained them. Put a dog on a chain and he's frustrated and only half the dog he could be, guarranteed. As far as chainsaws go, you sold it too cheap, to a dumbass. Better luck next time,,, and I'd check the guys' picture first. If he's dumb enough to put a picture of a dog on a chain for his ID, he's not smart enough to do business with!! Good luck, and that's one heck of bummer. Ask e-bay and I think they will remove it for you.

Joe

Dogs running free to get into crap and be public nuisances says all I need to know. Moron is one of the nicer words that comes to mind.

Ebait & Switch

Why don't I see more saws from you all on this site? I'm willing to buy, just haven't had much success on Ebay. The idea of a Arboristsite secret (hobo) marking for Ebay has definitely got my attention!
My attempts at picking up several saws haven't gone at all well on Ebay. First one the guy said the saw was "nice" and only used by the neighbor to trim two trees once a year. I received a beat up commercial use saw that had been dropped, and the muffler was literally hanging off of it by one loose bolt. I negged that guy because he misrepresented the saw and didn't even mail anything close to what he showed in the pics, not to mention it took almost a month to get the thing.
Second guy, same story just different saw. Ebay pulled it, for cut & paste on the pics only moments AFTER I paid for it. This guy said he had a shop & he gets em in all the time. Turns out he has/works at a car stereo shop.
I just want to be able to deal honestly with people, and, I would rather buy from someone here if possible.
Last observation. Sometimes the replies sellers leave on neg feedback hurts them more than helps. Worst thing is the world is a "say what" fight. You both end up looking stupid.
Steve

Dogs running free to get into crap and be public nuisances says all I need to know. Moron is one of the nicer words that comes to mind.

I try to live by the rule (on the internet) not to say anything that I wouldn't say in person. I find that lots of other people seem to live by that rule as well. Of course, there's some folks that don't, just like now and then there's some folks that will even act out in public.

20 years or so ago, I was playing steel with a band in a local dive; a mouthy drunk was making a fool of himself, demanding a turn at the mike. Eventually we gave him his turn, and he embarassed himself pretty badly. Why is it that some people need a fresh turn to embarass themselves and their parents more often?

I try to live by the rule (on the internet) not to say anything that I wouldn't say in person. I find that lots of other people seem to live by that rule as well. Of course, there's some folks that don't, just like now and then there's some folks that will even act out in public.

20 years or so ago, I was playing steel with a band in a local dive; a mouthy drunk was making a fool of himself, demanding a turn at the mike. Eventually we gave him his turn, and he embarassed himself pretty badly. Why is it that some people need a fresh turn to embarass themselves and their parents more often?
And some of us say what we mean and mean what we say. It's an honor thing.

Rather than a secret mark on the auction, why not just post a link to the auction on I saw in on ebay/craigslist.

Just because a dog isn't on the end of chain doesn't mean that it automatically becomes a problem. There are kennels, leashes, fenced in yards, invisible fences and even better yet.....there are many dogs that are trained well enough to be trusted in most situations. I have a dog that lies outside in my yard untethered for hours on end every day, the only time he might act out is if someone comes in the yard that thinks he should be on a chain.

There are very few participating members here that I would ever consider calling a moron on a public forum, but I might make an exception every so often if the conditions are right.

Now let's try something fun, let's post photos of our pets and then some of ourselves using our chainsaws in a safe manor. You game?

Last edited:
Rather than a secret mark on the auction, why not just post a link to the auction on I saw in on ebay/craigslist.

Probably because we all don't read this one post and while we are surfing the ads in ebay or cl it's easier to look for the AS mark if you see an item you're interested in. I don't necessarily check anything on ebay except the feedback rating anyway, that's usually all you need to know about sellers but there's no negative feedback for buyers so it might be helpful to know who they are.
Also, some people use their same "handle" on ebay that they use here and that is very useful. I generally use a different username and password for different sites because when I got my first computer I was told to do that for security purposes.

Last edited:
And some of us say what we mean and mean what we say. It's an honor thing.

You called someone you don't even know a moron, and now you call that "honorable"?

Try again, son.

Now let's try something fun, let's post photos of our pets and then some of ourselves using our chainsaws in a safe manor. You game?

Call me a moron, but sometimes I tether my pups, esp. the male. Don't want him to run out in the road and get killed. He don't lunge or bark or protest otherwise, and he aint even a year old. I don't have any pics of them using chainsaws in a safe manner, but a few pics in here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=93000&page=27

I don't think the definition of moron has much of anything to do with dogs. I live on 95 acres in central MN, which permits my dog to roam freely. She's a lab, and they stay home remarkably well. The nearest neighbors (1/4 mile) have a golden retriever who stays home as well, but, interestingly enough, the two dogs seem to know each other and even communicate in some manner...wife and I walked up to neighbors' for coffee last week and their dog met us about half-way there, greeted us, then she and Hermione (our dog) ran off for a delicious dip in the swamp along the road.

Only thing better than one wet dog would be two!

Now, if I lived in my grandmother's basement, worked part-time at a box store, and spent most of my time wondering why I wasn't figuring out how to get a life, I might not be able to enjoy throwing a stick for two wet dogs to chase (and shake off away from us!).

Its sad, really, to think that not everyone has the chance, or capacity, to enjoy little things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back