Solo 675

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anybody out here have any love for or opinions about the Solo 675? There seems to be nothing out there about this saw and I'm wondering if thats just because it was overshadowed by its more powerful sibling the 681, just like the Dolmar 7300 was against the 7900.

Is the 675 a good saw in its own right or not worth much consideration? Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with these.

Should be the same reason - the one with the smaller engine would need to be a lot less money, to attract much interest.

Thats the point though, that it is less money. But how good of a saw is it?
Though the 7900 is great, there are still a great many 6400 and 7300 saws being bought and doing very well.
What I was hoping to get was some opinions on the most recent Solo line, and the 675 in particular. I'm guessing there must be fans for Solo somewhere.

There were a few guys that ran them a while back. They were putting out similar power of a ms460. If I was looking for a 70cc saw and one came along decently priced I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. It would take pretty big wood and have a 681 side by side to notice a big difference in power.

There were a few guys that ran them a while back. They were putting out similar power of a ms460. If I was looking for a 70cc saw and one came along decently priced I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. It would take pretty big wood and have a 681 side by side to notice a big difference in power.

I'm not so sure I would, as those Solos weights considerably more than the corresponding Dolmars (more difference than the specs tell), and I am pretty sure I have read about weaknesses in Solos "redesign" - it may be as simple as too soft AV springs - but at least I would "investigate" a bit, before "biting" on one. :msp_wink:

The springs are a little weak but the 7900 springs fit. They aren't really any heavier than a 460 or 372xpw.

Thats what I was reading, that the specs seem pretty darn good for this saw. Yet no reviews, opinions or whatever. Is it that Solo just has no presence with saws?

Latest posts

Back