Solo 681 vs Dolmar 7900 - VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just about power, the 7900 as a package deal. It has power, AV, handling, and now filtration. I've ran my 372 and 7900 long enough now to say I think the 7900 is overall the better saw. Local dealer support does suck, but as of now I really haven't had a need for a dealer.:cheers:

I won't say I'm not biased since I started running Sach Dolmar in 1986, and I have several other saws now, and like every saw that I have, but if I wanted a saw that would out cut the 7900, I would have to pay more for it than the 7900 cost, and it would weigh more.

I see no downside to the 7900, but each man chooses his own saws. I know I do.

Still as a work saw Andy and still with the OE piston or a wider skirt one ?

romeo's often mentioned that damned fast 7900 you have too, and cut4fun had that supposedly pretty quick Dave Nieger modded 7900 work saw too.

My 681 was modded by someone else, but it's still the OE piston, just modified a little.
My 7900 got it's butt handed to it at a couple of competitions this year by a 681, but you can't work with either of them.

Andy

Why don't you get into modding saws for guys on here and make some easy money like some of these guys on here. At least you actually race race saws. I mean heck your aready 1 up on the rest with these 2 saws the way it sounds.:cheers:

I have built a few mods, I was also very fortunate to get to be one of the first guys to butcher a 680 when they first came out.

I have nothing against saw modding for cash or the folks who are doing it. I decided a while back that if I build a saw for bucks it will be a bikesaw only, my terms, my price. I am busy with work as it is and bikesaw orders are very few and far between. I would rather just build a bikesaw or two a year than pump out 10 mods a week since this is more of a hobby than a job for me. I will still build modded chainsaws for friends and family but that is about it.

one thing Baileys has that you will never have is class.

I wouldn't say that! Scott is a decent sponser here, I've never heard a bad thing about him...has sent out care packages for GTG's and offers alot of good advice, he offered to look at my Dolmar for free, all I had to do was ship it to him.... I think he is a stand up guy that is just pointing out why Baileys can sell Solo's so cheap.

I wouldn't say that! Scott is a decent sponser here, I've never heard a bad thing about him...has sent out care packages for GTG's and offers alot of good advice, he offered to look at my Dolmar for free, all I had to do was ship it to him.... I think he is a stand up guy that is just pointing out why Baileys can sell Solo's so cheap.

:agree2::agree2: Scott and Steve have always been very helpful.

My POINT is supporting products they whore in the market! What happens to joe cutter that walks into Baileys store needing 681 parts? do they then drop ship to a walk in cutomer???:monkey::monkey:

Scott

why the negitive attitude mate?

at the end of the day, we are all adults and responsible for our own decisions....yes there are bad dealers out there, but Bailey's isnt one of them. IM NOT BRAND loyal, have dealt with Baileys for a number of different things and they have been stand up EVERY time....its easier for me to deal with Bailey's on the other side of the planet than my dealer down the road.

im sure if someone where to buy a Solo681 from them they would offer all the help they can........

id be more inclined to buy one from them, than from a dealer that always puts them down.....having never delt with you i cant comment on your service. Alot here have good words for you. I only know you from your posts, which always seem to come up as a positive for Dolmar and a attacking negitive for solo or others.....

Serg

Im sure he has been very helpful by all accounts, but why did he need to point out how Bailey's sell them so cheap.....came across as sour grapes...and whos to say that Bailey's volume of sales dosent have anything to do with it, or how efficently they run their business....theres a whole lot more to running a retail business than "stocking parts puts cost of saw up"

as a consumer i just dont see the need for one dealer to make comments on other dealers in a negitive way like that.....

Serg

Last edited:
Back