Solo 681 vs Dolmar 7900 - VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guy's, lets get back to the subject. 681 vs 7900, two fine saws in my book.
No way am I getting into this pissing match. I'm sure Scott is a good man to deal with, and I've been dealing with Bailey's for 21 years and can't think of one thing to complain about.

Now where were we? Oh yeah, 681 is a little faster than the 7900 cutting cookies, but is it enough to make up for the time you spend standing there admiring your handi work out in the woods?

Andy

They've cost you some too though. I think I noticed that the one you got 3rd with in Sept. had a couple of rakers knocked off of it. But that's better than the one that came off my saw. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Thats because you give him the rocked out chains and run the fast ones yourself!!!:cheers::cheers:

Thats because you give him the rocked out chains and run the fast ones yourself!!!:cheers::cheers:

And what's wrong with that? :hmm3grin2orange:

Actually I gave him the one I won at Eagar AZ with. But it came off the saw after the last cut. The one I used had a couple of broke off rakers too, but when it came off the bar before my second cut................Well, lets just say it's toast.

Even though I didn't finish, my chains got 1st through 4th places in that competition. :D

Andy

My POINT is supporting products they whore in the market! What happens to joe cutter that walks into Baileys store needing 681 parts? do they then drop ship to a walk in cutomer???:monkey::monkey:

Scott

Hey Scott.
We're both sponsors here and I'm not going to outright attack anyone but let me tell you of the last two dealings I had with Baileys.
The first order I was quoted USD$37 odd to post some items to Australia. I used my Credit Card for which postage on international orders is billed later. Imagine my surprise when I get billed USD$97 instead. Stupid thing is that when it arrived the actual postage was USD$55???
I did get reimbursed.
Last order was 5 x 5 1/2" wedges plus a few Dolmar spares (fuel lines, oil pick up, clutch springs, fuel tank breather update) and HD filter kit + spare filter. Postage was USD$45 and this time I paid with PayPal as no way was I going to let my Credit Card get billed again without knowing what I was paying.
First parcel arrives, big box, postage USD$37 with only the 5 wedges in it. I email Baileys, get a reply 3 days later saying that the rest will get drop shipped. My total order arrived over a period of nearly 2 months in 5 seperate packages. One of the packages had just the HD filter kit and another package a few days later had just a paper filter. The other two small parcels contained the other items.
Everyone here raves about Baileys so they obviously provide good service, its just that I have had a 100% sad ratio.
From now on I know who I'll be getting Dolmar spares through ;)
Matt.

Last edited:
And what's wrong with that? :hmm3grin2orange:

Actually I gave him the one I won at Eagar AZ with. But it came off the saw after the last cut. The one I used had a couple of broke off rakers too, but when it came off the bar before my second cut................Well, lets just say it's toast.

Even though I didn't finish, my chains got 1st through 4th places in that competition. :D

Andy

Heck, that chain aint toast!!! You can still make a 10 driver loop out of it:hmm3grin2orange:

As far as the chain you loaned me, It still got me in the top three so I aint worried. Wish I had my old chain back though:cry:

Howdy,
Whether it's parts or units, our stocking inventory is based solely on margin and turns. Our purchasing system allows us to set parameters based on margins. Things with high margins allow you stock them for longer periods (overhead) as long as profits maintain the preset levels. Items with low margins have to turn quick to maintain margins. Our Husqvarna parts are a very low margin but, they turn quick. That's why we can stock large inventory of Husqvarna parts, and we're not even a dealer for them.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back