solo 694 same as dolmar 9010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar/Makita makes Solo products now? :popcorn:

Dolmar makes the 694 Solo from the PS9010 and has done so for years.... Truth be known probably Solo bought a big package of 9010's a few years ago ~ before the 7900/681 saga. The PS9010 and or the 694 Will not pass the next stage of emission standards so if you want a 90 cc PS9010 or 694 better buy them while you can.

Scott

yeah i figured they were the same. the dolmar dealer flatly refused to admit they were and the solo guy said he figured they were but didn't know if the insides were the same. only about 20 bucks seperating the 2 saws. anything else i should know about them before i drop some coin? strong/weak points?
and cuttinscott, whats the diff between the tops, the 2 saws i was looking at looked like you could just switch everything over without doing anything.

yeah i figured they were the same. the dolmar dealer flatly refused to admit they were and the solo guy said he figured they were but didn't know if the insides were the same. only about 20 bucks seperating the 2 saws. anything else i should know about them before i drop some coin? strong/weak points?
and cuttinscott, whats the diff between the tops, the 2 saws i was looking at looked like you could just switch everything over without doing anything.

I guess you could switch tops but I really see no reason to, The only weak point the design had was the right side handle AV mount (rubber) I do have a spring fix for it.

Scott

heh, no i'm not going to switch out the cover, just stating they are the exact same. it's good to know if i end up dropping something heavy on the saw that i can order parts for it from 2 places if ones on back order etc. i've done it before:cry:
whats up with the a.v. mount? too soft? too hard? wears out quickly?:)
26'' bar shouldn't be that hard on them, should it?

heh, no i'm not going to switch out the cover, just stating they are the exact same. it's good to know if i end up dropping something heavy on the saw that i can order parts for it from 2 places if ones on back order etc. i've done it before:cry:
whats up with the a.v. mount? too soft? too hard? wears out quickly?:)
26'' bar shouldn't be that hard on them, should it?

The AV mount on the handlebar tends to break after playnig tug-o-war after pinching the bar and chain. The 1st gen handle spring (short) from the PS7900 will replace the rubber with a slight mod. to the handle (drill from 5mm to 6mm)

Scott

OK, I can't resist.

Dolmar orenge, Solo red, Makita blue, and McCulloch yellow, gives us ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBRAS!!!

I had both a 694 and a 9010 at one time and the only difference that I found was the spacing between the bar studs. The side covers were not interchangeable.

Back