SOLO chainsaws??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE FIREWOOD

I LOVE FIREWOOD

ArboristSite Lurker
Has anyone heard anything about these saws, whether they are nice saws or not? I am looking to buy a nice top handle saw just to do some side jobs and it would be easy to climb and cut, I was looking at the jonsered 2139T and or maybe the stihl 192T and maybe the solo??? Thanks

epicklein22
Solo makes some good stuff and then some iffy stuff. The 192 has a good rep and the new husky/johnny saws are supposed to be pretty good. You can also look at dolmar, their top handles are much improved. Bailey's sells Solo. You can call them and talk to them. Or use the search function and read up on the saws.

7sleeper

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a new Solo 644 (44,3ccm; 2,6kW/3,53hp; 5,2kg/ 11.5 pounds).

Very nice very impressive. I just don't have enough wood to cut at the moment to give a valid feedback.
so far
much stronger than my Stihl 180, all magnesium, side mounted chain tensioner and very nice to cut with.

644_gross.jpg

mine has the red side plate.

7sleeper

Last edited:
bowtechmadman

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have 2 Solo 637's i picked up off craigs list. I've been very impressed. Well made and was suprised at the power. No other experience w/ top handle except an old 015 Stihl.
I'd let one go if your interested.

stihl only

stihl only

ArboristSite Operative
I bought a 633 because the deal was too good to pass on. Ran like crap out of the gate because it was way too rich on the high side. I've leaned it out and run a few tanks of fuel in it and so far, so good. Just mounted a new bar on it because I didn't care for the small nose that was on the factory bar. Haven't run it with the .050 3/8 LP chain yet but I'm sure it will pull it well enough.

It's NOT a 200T, but nothing but a 200T is....

For the little use I have for a top handle saw, I've been pleased but I'm not using it to earn a living.

The 637 should have a good bit more kick that the 633, but if you have to pay retail for one, might as well get a 192T because of the better dealer support.