Some loggin shots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petty good looking 440 nice timber as well what is the oak paying down there?

Not that much. . . .if you can find any one who wants it. The high grade is goin for about +/- $300/m and the low grade is about $150/m tops.

Ohh your lucky, you got the wide tires on your 440. We got the skinny tall ones that make it tippyer than hell.

Yea there the 23.1x26's the only proablem with them is that when you articulate all the way the tires will hit and if your chains hang up you'll snap an axle. I just welded some thicker stops in the center section on the original ones to stop it. But yea she pritty much floats and is a little bit more stable but still no timberjack.

Yeah, i can see how that could be a problem. Ours are pretty close and if the chains are too loose the same can happen. I really like how it looks too, it looks visually alot better with the bigger tires on it. the benefits of getting the bigger tires IMO would be worth the downfalls.

I like that second photo; that would have really helped me in grade school. I remember reading stories about the woodsman going through the forest being careful not to step on a twig least someone would hear him. Around here you are lucky to move through the forest with a machete.

Nice pics. They remind me of home.
You tricked me with the pics of the JD. I was expecting a timberjack, then at first glance I thought it was a 540 because of the 23.1 tires.
You don't have trouble with the saw sitting by the winch like that? I always seemed to get a hickory sappling wound around the axle and it would be a bad place to have a saw with me running the skidder.

Nice pics. They remind me of home.
You tricked me with the pics of the JD. I was expecting a timberjack, then at first glance I thought it was a 540 because of the 23.1 tires.
You don't have trouble with the saw sitting by the winch like that? I always seemed to get a hickory sappling wound around the axle and it would be a bad place to have a saw with me running the skidder.

Lol yea she aint no timberjack (would love another 240 though)

Yea i have had trouble with the saw there once when i was crushing a pine top down a stick poped up and took the recoil right off a 372, but thats about it. i like to keep my skid roads pritty clean so i havent really had much trouble.

Back