some ol stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Hammer and 2dogs, enough. Now i'm thinking porkchop, home jarred applesauce, sauted and browned brussels with onion, pepper, garlic stuffing.

Wow I've seen a few topics derail but this one has gone stray. I will do my best to find some old equipment tomorrow and post it here.

Ok Hammer and 2dogs, enough. Now i'm thinking porkchop, home jarred applesauce, sauted and browned brussels with onion, pepper, garlic stuffing.

I once cut for a small outfit way up in a secluded holler, us and some other local gentlemen would join on the porch for a true country dinner each and every day. It was nuts to ride the 4wheeler off the mountain, across the creek and across the field, take your boots off, enter the lady filled kitchen to accumulate your spread and then go eat your dinner and tea on the porch talking about the weather and such, and then try and go back to cutting for the rest of the day, but "when in Rome".

The skidder would also hand deliver homemade biscuits every morning at about 8 am.

Very nice people back there.

I single jacked near Red Bluff on an old timer's ranch, they put me up in a cabin and fed me. A full on breakfast was ready at 4:30, second breakfast was delivered about 8:30, along with one heck of a lunch. Supper was always meat and potatoes. The old man would spend all day watching me work, he sat, burned a new corncob black and drank Coors. I lusted after his '56 Ford pick-up.

Since it's my fault we started talking about brussel sprouts, I'll post a pic of a Burner that's still standing in the Adirondacks.

Where abouts in the Adirondacks is this? If you dont want to disclose it publicly a PM would be nice, I live in the ADK's and have yet to bump into such a peice.

Great PIC'S !!!!!!

When my grand parents came from Norway (don't tell Trool all my relatives are from Norway) my grampa worked in lumber camps here in the Stanwood; Lake McMurray area and grandma cooked in them

I was once broke in the UK, all I could afford was brussels sprouts. The cheapest supposingly eatable thing you could find in stores. On of the ugliest experiences of poverty I've ever had.

Let me remind you, I'm the one who likes lutefisk, so I'm OK with the smelly food.

Conspiracy, I say.

We have Lutefisk many times year; even the town I live in now has Lutefisk feeds ever year; it sure makes the house smell good :)

Great PIC'S !!!!!!

When my grand parents came from Norway (don't tell Trool all my relatives are from Norway) my grampa worked in lumber camps here in the Stanwood; Lake McMurray area and grandma cooked in them

We have Lutefisk many times year; even the town I live in now has Lutefisk feeds ever year; it sure makes the house smell good :)

im kind of scared now now cause that sounds like my family. My great grandmother lived up on 300th and worked for the English logging camp. I got alot of relatives between lk ketchum and Bryant. We might be related. Lots of scandahooveians there. Uff-DA! Havent had Lutefisk, but i got my wife to make lefsea this year. i gorged for days.

Last edited:
im kind of scared now now cause that sounds like my family. My great grandmother lived up on 300th and worked for the English logging camp. I got alot of relatives between lk ketchum and Bryant. We might be related. Lots of scandahooveians there. Uff-DA! Havent had Lutefisk, but i got my wife to make lefsea this year. i gorged for days.

LOL; Thats one of the camps they work at

And my Mum parents place was that 50 acers on 300th and 3rd Ave; and I have something like 20 relatives that live within 5 miles from my grand parents home place

My Mum's maiden name was Schei and my last name is Simonseth :)

Oh by the way My Grand Parents help start Freeborn Church with I believe 7 other familys in the early 1900's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back