Some things just shouldn't be built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We have all seen the wheel of death but here is someone who actually thought it was a good idea. So many things on this set up make me cringe so watch at your own risk.

If someone gave this to me, I'd take it! Get out the torch and cut it up, haul to the shredder to save anyone from loosing a body part. Amazing. All that risk just to split Pine?

That's one of my favorite spinning wheel of death videos!

Btw, I actually like the belt around the tire drive system. I may use that for a project someday.

Hello,
Whatever floats his boat....he just doesn't value his hands and fingers like sane people do. I also hope that he has health insurance so you and I don't have to pay for his medical care if he loses a hand !!!! Other than those remarks.....people still forget that this is a free country...if he's not hurting me or someone else and it's legal, he can do what he likes !!!!

Henry and Wanda

I can't even watch the full video. That thing is an appendage remover waiting to happen!!! It's not how it's when that guy has an accident.

True, could be he was thinking of all the upcoming medical bills.

The loss of digits is one thing, having one of those pieces catch just wrong and flipping it directly into your face is another. You can see in the video how it could happen.

What happens when the wedge breaks loose and comes flying at your head? I personally do not need that fast of a cycle time.

I do agree with Henry and Wanda to an extent, freedom of choice if you will. The problem I have is if he has kids and they have to help. That, and they grow up thinking it is normal.

Life is full of risks and tightropes, there is no need to grease the wire.

Correct.....It is a free country...and we are also free to comment on idiotic things as well . No one is trying to stop him...although it might be a good idea if someone did :)

What an ingenious design. I'm sure his FMEA study revealed there was absolutely no way anything could ever go wrong with that plan. :dizzy:

Back