Some things just shouldn't be built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it's a rather brilliant design. It was spinning too fast, though. Poor guy was so scared of the machine he was throwing the wood at it.

Check out this one. It's much better, and you can't deny it works like a champ. I'd say it's no more dangerous than a normal splitter.

He's splitting paper birch - stuff that's been said to "practically split itself" around here. :)

I'd like to see that with some sugar maple or dry oak.

Actually it's a rather brilliant design. It was spinning too fast, though. Poor guy was so scared of the machine he was throwing the wood at it.

Check out this one. It's much better, and you can't deny it works like a champ. I'd say it's no more dangerous than a normal splitter.

I believe the larger wheel is also A big factor in slowing it down. I think the guy in your video has a wedge design that actually draws the wood into the wheel with a VERY narrow wedge. BIG difference. That said I still will pass on running it. No more dangerous than normal splitter.....Really?

I'd love to see what that contraption does to the pulse rate of an OSHA inspector.
The builder obviously never heard of Mr. Murphy- he's out there.
I know all about that Murphy guy. He's been known to follow me like a black cloud of doom.

Needs to be much slower and a very slight angle on the wedge, not a splitting maul. And the wedge sticks out way too far for that species of wood. Hae any of you ever seen an old wooden shingle saw in action?
Yup. There's a guy around here that is at all the steam shows. I'm not seeing the connection though. Enlighten me.

Lets just go ahead and call him Lefty. When Lefty is chuckin the rounds at the rotating maul I almost fell off my chair. How can he possibly not recognize the danger. You can see the fear.

Imagine how efficient that thing would be with an X-27 head rotating?

We have all seen the wheel of death but here is someone who actually thought it was a good idea. So many things on this set up make me cringe so watch at your own risk.

If someone gave this to me, I'd take it! Get out the torch and cut it up, haul to the shredder to save anyone from loosing a body part. Amazing. All that risk just to split Pine?

:popcorn:...wonder how much life insurance the wifey poo has on him?

Lets just go ahead and call him Lefty. When Lefty is chuckin the rounds at the rotating maul I almost fell off my chair. How can he possibly not recognize the danger. You can see the fear.

Imagine how efficient that thing would be with an X-27 head rotating?
Now, that would really be something...at least then it would be one swift lethal blow! :rolleyes:

No thanks on that contraption. Id rather use an ax and live to see my kids grow old.

Latest posts

Back