Some things just shouldn't be built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread title is so appropriate. could also be in the wtf thread as well lol. kept waiting for dude to get a piece in the face

maybe our wood grows differently here but 'hard to split pine' ? easiest stuff to split that I've ever laid an axe into.

Thinking about this and reading all the replies I think what he should do is ditch the maul and weld on a decent knife, then the table could be built around it. There would be less chance of a piece getting stuck in the slot. I still wouldn't run it but I think it could be safer.

What an ingenious design. I'm sure his FMEA study revealed there was absolutely no way anything could ever go wrong with that plan. :dizzy:
I was thinking "Where is OSHA when you need them?" Really I was speechless and thoughtless for several minutes. WTF!

He's relying wholly on consistent behavior from both the machine and the wood he's splitting and he's expecting that every move he makes will be the same. That's a perfect setup for an accident. And at the speed that wheel's traveling, it could be a bad one.

I believe Darwin has just left the building.

Speed watch this video and watch the guy as he takes the shingle off the saw with his left hand. He doesn't even look he just reaches for the piece he knows is right here. Could you imagine doing this job with a hangover? Much safer than the spinning splitter but I bet if the shingle guy was running the splitter it would be much safer too.

Speed watch this video and watch the guy as he takes the shingle off the saw with his left hand. He doesn't even look he just reaches for the piece he knows is right here. Could you imagine doing this job with a hangover? Much safer than the spinning splitter but I bet if the shingle guy was running the splitter it would be much safer too.

Incredible.

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

I have seen similar videos where the round is on the side which by holding the end keeps the hands away & gives them better control.

Still, I'll stick with my hydraulic splitter.

Last edited:
i have seen an accident where body parts came in contact with moving saws. not a good ending...i cant believe that guy... its not if but when. Sooner or later , he will cut off a hand or an arm. lets just hope he can get up before the blood loss causes him to pass out and falls in that saws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some piss elm for him to try:D
He should be wearing "the special helmet":dizzy:
you beat me to that one!

"wheel of death" made me laugh as it has another meaning for some of us.......punch a hole in each end of a pop or beer can and run a wire through it, fasten each end of the wire to the top of a 5 gallon pail so the can spins freely in the center of the pail, lather some peanut butter on the can and place a stick as a ramp leading up to the rim of the pail; add a few inches of water (or antifreeze if you're not at camp in the winter months); best damn mousetrap on the planet.

you beat me to that one!

"wheel of death" made me laugh as it has another meaning for some of us.......punch a hole in each end of a pop or beer can and run a wire through it, fasten each end of the wire to the top of a 5 gallon pail so the can spins freely in the center of the pail, lather some peanut butter on the can and place a stick as a ramp leading up to the rim of the pail; add a few inches of water (or antifreeze if you're not at camp in the winter months); best damn mousetrap on the planet.
Sounds like a highly efficient mouse trap.

Latest posts

Back