Soren Eriksson with his 6 point limbing technique

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best was an old growth Pondy left on the side of a grassy hill (maybe 40+ years or better). Our lead saw plunged it out of curiosity, and it was sound through and through. :rock:

It took me three or four chokers belled together to get around it. If'n I remember right, we got 2 logs out of it, and the longest was not that long. The little hill was maybe 5% grade, and it was all the Linkbelt could do to tug it up to the landing.

We got some punkins up past Browns Meadow Pass, I'll have to take some pictures next summer on a family drive.

Here's a vid on tree drop that saved timber from getting broke up and from having a tangled mess of branches to limb , efficiency gained from a good drop .

[video=youtube;TCtidLeG1zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TCtidLeG1zk[/video]

I wonder if he's a member here ?

That was a skillful bit of saw work right there. He matched his cuts up pretty effortlessly without even really looking, wonder if he chalked it out or maybe he just is good.

Shaun

Lodgepole--it gets no respect.

(start scandihoovian accent now)

Weeeey back ven ve sold da bug kill salvage, the mill was going down to 4 inch tops. The stuff over 8 inches was going to a house log mill in Montaaaana--an 18 hour round trip if da roads were good. The smaller stuff went to the local mill.

The scaling computer had to be adjusted. There were too many logs on the trucks and it blew out their system.

I do not know if they just counted the logs and guesstimated, or if they actually "scaled" each load. I think they probably did a quick count or estimate, and just wrote down a figure.

The sale was sold on the results of the cruise--lump sum.

Latest posts

Back