Southern California GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olyeller is ?

Hey guys,

I was gone for 10 days and am just now checking in thanks to a prompt from Chevy. I was cutting wood last week and overdid things; now I have bad tendonitis in my right-side elbow. Can't hardly lift a saw, much less run it safely very long. So... I may come up to see you guys or maybe I'll just catch you all at the next GTG. Bummer...

Olyeller

Oak aint funny business.

Get well bro.

Hank, I do have that piece just in case you want it. I'm sure it has enough area to cover your muffler port. It be nice to run that big gun!

You light like my mac too. Dont know if you have any experience with them but they are fun, and at 81cc it aint a slouch, and it was my dads saw.
Sat is looking bad. Will you guys still be there Sunday if I get there by noon? Boat supply place sent wrong parts, looks like I will be spending Sat trying to get the right parts down in L.A., as I have to work tomorrow, then drive to Acton tomorrow night to look at a dirt bike for my daughter which I set up last weekend. Let me know, thanks Chev.

No worries bro. You have to take care of your familia business first.

I might only be there Saturday, but if I take care of my business on this end, I'm camping either Friday or Saturday.

Likely leaving early Sunday.

I'll figure it out, either Sunday or Sat afternoon might work, as long as I get outta there before dark I dont want to be driving around up there after dark.

Gotta a job to do on Sarurday morning, but we are planning to get up to Alamo some time in the afternoon...2:00 to 4:00 probably.
we are going to bring a bunch of saws and the new tach we just got from Bailey's...Still trying to learn how to use it to properly tune the saws...but it's how they cut the wood that means more than what the little gismo says. I just want to get the most power without any problems. If I read the thing right, I've been tuning my saws too rich...they are ususally quite a bit lower on the WOT RPMs than the chart says for max...I can lean the H screw and get some scream'in high RPMs, but I don't think that's good for work saws.
As the official firewood season is about to start, I look forward to sorting the tuning questions out.

So see you all up there...:cheers:

This ain't looking good!

We should reschedule. If Jimmy ledft already, then it's on. But no one will be up there:dunno:

I sent Jimmy a pm. If I don't hear from him, im going to assume he's left for dutchman. If that's the case, I'll be going up there early tomorrow morning.

Next weekend would be better for me - have some child issues that may keep me from being able to escape this weekend...

Jimmy's MIA. So I'm going up there. I'll either find Jimmy or wood:greenchainsaw:

PB, no worries hometown. We'll try again soon.

Alls I'm going to say is I'm glad I went with my instincts

Driving into Dutchman c.g. I saw some chaps laying over a Chevy's bedside. I knew that was Jimmy. Our little 2 man Dutchman C.G. GTG, LOL.

DSCF2016.jpg

I got there around 10 in the morning and didn't leave till around 6:30 in the evening. I had a good time hanging out with Jimmy. He helped me with some cutting and I took home a small stash of some green Jefferey Pine.

Throughout the day, we got a kick out of seeing 4wd's arriving from a brutal climb up the Miller Jeep Trail. Needless to say, it scored some victims. A few had to be towed out and a couple more had to have work done.

Oh yeah, I really like Jimmy's saws. A husq 445(?) that had a nice sound to it. Nice job on the muffler mod:clap:

The only vids I took. The ride down the mountain was majestic with some awesome winds. Under California's Gold fo show. Thanks again Jimmy for some good times:cheers:

Cutting up some firewood for June Gloom.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/Southern%20Cal%20GTG/DutchcampgroundGTG.flv">

I got a good nights sleep and left Dutchman CG this morning about 7:30 am and got home at Noon. Lots of downed wood there for all sizes of saws.

My saws tuned at 1,100 ft EL were a little fussy about the 6,800 ft EL altitude at Dutchman. I had to touch up the idle speed a little bit. Both saws idled and ran fine once they were fully warmed up.

Latest posts

Back